2x DBX 286a
Focusrite Voicemaster Pro
Focusrite Saffire LE
2x AKG C1000s
Shure sm57
Sennheiser e902

Comments and critique are welcome! :drunk:

Last edited:
Tough to give a full critique without vocals. But what is there so far sounds pretty good. The guitars might be just a bit brittle. But that's about it. Bass sounds very good. Drums sound good too.

Tight and punchy. good tone on the guits. Maybe a little excessive with the bass, but not by much. Oh wait, only on certain notes.... hmmm, could be my room. Let's see what others say.

I like the guitars, maybe a little over distorted, but that could just be a stylistic thing. Bass is good and drums sound pretty tight. It could just be me, but the high-hats sound a bit loud and kinda distract from the guitars, especially the lead parts.

Really tight mix I liked it, the hats were a little too far in front for me ( in relation to the snare and cymbals) maybe would sit better with less reverb? hard to get a feel without vocal.

...maybe would sit better with less reverb?
...with less reverb? I don't think I even used reverb on overheads...

Thanks alot to all of you :) Vocalist will be back soon and as soon as vocals are recorded, I will put up new demo ;)

Meh, it's okay. Pretty boring. I'm all for simple drumming, but this is ridiculous. The guitars are a little fizzy, but not too bad. A little more care in tone and mic placement would have been good. The bass is muddy and lacks definition and presence. Get the kick louder, and the bass to thump with it, and it'll be more rocking. I don't know for sure, but I'd bet that a guitarist mixed this.

Back