Rise Up - Original

Mix sounds great, I wouldn't change a thing. This song is hitting all the right marks. Good job all around. Dig the ending.

Cool. :cool:

Excellent riff. I like that hihat on the intro and how it comes back in the chorus. The sparse hats over the busy riff works really well. Good job on vocals. Mix is well balanced on headphones. Chorus is real catchy too. Good jam

Thanks for the listen and comments!

It's a really good song. Overall, I really like the mix as well....I really wish the guitars were a bit warmer though (especially when they come in in the beginning) But, maybe that's just a matter of personal opinion/taste...so, I could be totally wrong there!

Thank you! I liked how dirty and gritty the intro gits were so I kept them that way. The rest could probably stand to be a little more warmer.

---------- Update ----------

Mix sounds great, I wouldn't change a thing. This song is hitting all the right marks. Good job all around. Dig the ending.

Cool. :cool:

Thanks for the listen Chili! and thanks for the kind words!

Cool tune. The switch at 2:20 is brilliant. Consider lowering the level on the hi-hat and you may want to cycle thru a few different options to find one that is less abrasive. Also consider dropping the level on the kick just a tad, and EQ out some low mids to remove the boxy-ness.

The guitar riff really rocks...i love it. The drums sound very huge and very good. All the tones are fantastic in your mix. I think what is lacking is bass guitar. I found myself trying to figure out if there was a bass guitar in this mix and I still don't know.
So...
If there isn't a bass guitar in there...never mind...great mix and song!
If there is a bass guitar in there turn it up...it will give the tune more punch.
Cool tune bro.

The guitar riff really rocks...i love it. The drums sound very huge and very good. All the tones are fantastic in your mix. I think what is lacking is bass guitar. I found myself trying to figure out if there was a bass guitar in this mix and I still don't know.
So...
If there is a bass guitar in there turn it up...it will give the tune more punch.
Cool tune bro.

I was feeling what you are feeling, but I can tell you the bass is very, very much there if you are specifically listening for it (at least on my setup)- it's just fighting something else for frequency space. If he just turns it up something else weird will happen - it has so much energy it will start hitting the limiter and doing things to the mix and you still won't be able to hear it.

The drums are huge, and maybe the kick is too huge - maybe try and notch/cut out some eq space in the kick for the bass, boost the bass in same spot boost the bass upper mids end to get it a little more present.

The guitar riffs and tone are money. I would kill for a sound/tone like that.

Cool tune. The switch at 2:20 is brilliant. Consider lowering the level on the hi-hat and you may want to cycle thru a few different options to find one that is less abrasive. Also consider dropping the level on the kick just a tad, and EQ out some low mids to remove the boxy-ness.

Thanks for the listen! Agreed on adjusting EQ on kick. It may be a little hot yet, going back this week and try to remix.

So...
Cool tune bro.

Hey Jimi! Thanks for taking the time to listen. Yes there is bass and I blended it well, almost too well I guess. Didn't want a super distinctive Bass, more just low end. Have to do a remix this week so I will check and see if I can bring it out more. Thanks for the kind words!

I was feeling what you are feeling, but I can tell you the bass is very, very much there if you are specifically listening for it (at least on my setup)- it's just fighting something else for frequency space. If he just turns it up something else weird will happen - it has so much energy it will start hitting the limiter and doing things to the mix and you still won't be able to hear it.

The drums are huge, and maybe the kick is too huge - maybe try and notch/cut out some eq space in the kick for the bass, boost the bass in same spot boost the bass upper mids end to get it a little more present.

The guitar riffs and tone are money. I would kill for a sound/tone like that.

Kick could probably be adjusted a little more for sure..just didn't want a clickity kick but maybe a volume cut would help a little. As far as the guitar tone, its a combo of 2 patches each left and right. One is more dark like the intro guitar and one is brighter. So 4 tracks total. All played on my Les Paul. I was very happy to see your post! Glad to see someone is digging my tone! Thanks for the kind words!

Kick could probably be adjusted a little more for sure..just didn't want a clickity kick but maybe a volume cut would help a little. As far as the guitar tone, its a combo of 2 patches each left and right. One is more dark like the intro guitar and one is brighter. So 4 tracks total. All played on my Les Paul. I was very happy to see your post! Glad to see someone is digging my tone! Thanks for the kind words!

Yeah man I seriously love that tone, can definitely appreciate it. I love les pauls, I have a 92 studio lite - it's an oddball, cored guitar and I put a giant bigsby on it about 25 years ago. I would love to re-record some of my heavier stuff from back in the day but I gotta get a whole shit ton more competent with my drum playing, recording and mixing first :-)

This isn't my style to listen to anymore (I love old Sabbath). But, this is excellent. Great job.

I did a few tracks of trying old Sabbath style (In the only way I know how, uninformed guess work). It's not bad, it's not good. In the right hands, it'd probably be excellent.

Back