Riff-rock song, comments/crits appreciated

Dibidoolandas

Hey all. I've been recording and mixing my own band's stuff for a while and feel like I don't know what I'm doing half the time. I'm more interested in critique of the mix than songwriting, but I will take any comments into consideration obviously.

I've heard criticism that the song sounds a bit low-energy, but I'm not sure that's so much in the performance as it is my inability to mix it properly. Give a listen!

Song 3 Mix 6 by Dibidoolandas on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

i like the loose feel to this piece. in my opinion the low end gets a tad muddy. might need to tame the bass a little. the drums could be made louder especially the snare and cymbals, but i'm a drummer and the drums always need to be louder in my opinion :D i really like the vocals for this too.

i like the loose feel to this piece. in my opinion the low end gets a tad muddy. might need to tame the bass a little. the drums could be made louder especially the snare and cymbals, but i'm a drummer and the drums always need to be louder in my opinion :D

Thanks for the comments. Yeah I really juiced the bass on this latest mix because the guitars just weren't interesting enough to carry it (may need to redo those too), but I think you're right, it's too muddy. And yeah I think I tend to undermix drums so I'll give especially the snare and cymbals a once-over.

i really like the vocals for this too.

Thanks!

Back