revampire

"Totally missed the sexual induendo."

Induendo? What induendo?

There was no induendo. It was honest to God in your face sexual expression. It was in-love-with-life-and-I-don't-care-who-gives-a-fuck let's have a good time with what's supposed to be scary.

No, you're not getting old. Not any faster than the rest of us, anyway. That's not scary - that's reassuring.

"thoughts on the sound"?

Well, here's one thought - that moaning's artistic, not sexual primarily. Of course, YMMV, but I doubt it.

Yes, yes, I read my previous post, and I'm aware of the apparent contradiction.

It's a cool song. It ain't primarily about sex, though.

DITTO ON HOLLYWOOD AND/OR BROADWAY

Sam - what is your musical background? This orchestral stuff is really wonderful! You don't just make that shit up in your mind without some background. Man, would that sound great on surround sound!

Guess I haven't seen many vampire movies - I didn't know a 'feeding' would be such a downright pleasant experience. So let me be the dumbass who asks "so where did you get those samples?" From "Vampirefeedingsounds.com" or some other non un-dead site?:eek:

Really terrific workmanship - a totally enjoyable experience - excellent writing (as usual)!!
~Milan

I like the spooky feeling, but am not too keen on the vocals. It's one of those things that I would feel embarrassed to listen to in the company of others, but I guess that's just me. As usual the soundscape you paint is a mixture of scary and beautiful, which I find appealing.

Very creative orchestral piece!

I really liked the space and depth of the sound .

The only thing I found lacking was the moans and groans needed more verb on them. It was too close sounding against the rest of the ambient sound-scape.

Movie sound-track material? Depending on the flick, Hell Yeah!

Cheers! :)

dtb said:
I'm scared, hold me, and feed me pie

pie?.................I like pie........... :D

Sam...I thought she was getting boffed too...

the bells sound awesome...overall great orchestra sound...
The rat-a-tat-tat is a bit bright...overall a little short too.....
I wanted more..

Good stuff Sam,
Joe

Yeah......I found it to be more sexual at the beginning than scarey. Sounds like my house virtually every night! :D

Sam.......what can I say? I always like your stuff......some more than others but I always like what you do. This is in the 'I like it a lot' catagory.
Very film-score sounding. I like the whole damned thing.
You know how I've gotten about mixes and this is a nice mix so I don't have any comments.
A nice piece of work. I'm curious.......how long does it take you to throw down something like that?

Nice and spooky. Great sound as per usual. Nice instrumentation.

Something amiss at :43. A pop or pursing of lips or something (unintentional I believe).

Alright, perfect for my Halloween CD I making right now for a party I'm having. This will come in handy around 2:14AM :)

pretty cool!

Would work great for a scary movie piece :)

Really like that roland... have to get me one of them :)

Halloween on a Friday!

thanks guys! I'll respond properly to this tomorrow.. just wanted to say have a good/safe halloween! even if your not doing anything, there's some good t.v. on!

sam (working)

on a buzz..

:)

Attachments

• bw2.jpg
    bw2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 68
For a guy named BSabbath, you sure have a good grasp on orchestral percussion arrangements. I used to play percussion in high school orchestra (long, long ago;)). This made me miss having crash cymbals in my hands, a big bass drum by my side, chimes and a hammer, and the lone snare drum in front of me.
Awesome!

I think you should seriously look into film composing! This is an excellent, orchestral piece of music, and scary as well!

I like the sound textures there. I listend on headphones and did notice a tiny bit of distortion, especially towards the end when the "full orchestra" kicks in with the cymbals, etc.

As far as painting a musical landscape, this is excellent!

:D

As usual, excellent work Sam.

What's with the cutoff? It just stops.

I have said it before, I will say it again:

You should go to music school. You are probably the most creative person here, music just flows out of you.

There are certain "rules" about writing orchestral and soundtrack stuff. I could write an essay, but I think you understand what I am getting at. You are still young enough, no attachments that I know of.

Your teachers probably wouldnt be half as good as you, but the could teach you some secrets about orchestration, Theory, counterpoint, modes, inervals, stuff like Sonata allegro form, cadences, etc.

There are a few exceptions like Danny Elfman, but most of the hollywood guys are highly trained.

You are a very talented guy, take some classes and we will say " We knew you when":cool:

DavidK said:

You should go to music school. You are probably the most creative person here, music just flows out of you.

There are certain "rules" about writing orchestral and soundtrack stuff.>>>>>

I have to agree.... Then Sammy's "rule breaking" would then probably be some of the best stuff coming out.

Back