Response and remix on 1 of 3

W.I.S.C.

10lbs.of sh*t in 5lb.BAG
Let me start by clearing out any rank air.I was taking a shot at mixmkr but frankly the whole thing got kinda stupid sounding after I really started putting actual effort into it.I don't harbour any resentment or dislike for the dude...but I'm still gonna write 2 more. :D

The new mix is up,too:

Acrocephalic

Now the Thanx...

Lt.Bob-Sennheiser 835 into a Bluetube (thanx Head).Glad you dug it.I might have overcompresses the drums a tad....maybe that's why the cymbals sound whack....I don't have a clue though.And your not dumb and you didn't miss sh*t!Just me being an ass.

Kramer-Yea.I hear what your saying about the cheap shot but you know...idle minds and all that.I can't stay pissed...not in my nature...say...,maybe you'de like to insult me and like ,try to,like,really mean it and stuff...hmm...nah!Thanx for the input and feedback,dude!

Harris-This is all me.I had the idea,song complete in my head for about 4 days.I just kept singing it over and over not trying to hear any other music in fear of losing the melody.Did it in one day,about 4 hrs of actual playing,about 10 hrs mixing and tweaking.Fuck the band in a box bullshit...maybe now I'm pissed at you for suggesting such an outlandish idea.

Jamal-(cough,cough,cough...)Thanx dude!!!...but I somehow think he failed to see that particular beauty you mentioned...oh,well.And I can't believe I took the time either... I suggest that any member should not take up such a crusade,ever.

Crawdad-Thanx a heap partner!I intended to have that smiling effect on everyone (even you-know-who),hope it worked a little... :rolleyes:

Guernica-DUDE!Your totally f*cking right!I didn't realize this untill you nailed it!Peace!

This rocks, dude! A little hard to make out some of the words, but I caught enough of 'em.:D

Guitars sound good. Nice drumming.

The crowd liked it too, eh? :D

M.Brane-You can thank Fruity loops for the drumming all I did was tell it what to do :D.The crowd is actually 6 tracks of me and my 5 yr old son clapping and yelling :D (I let him say *ssh*le,but just this one time... :D )

W.I.S.C. said:
Let me start by clearing out any rank air.I was taking a shot at mixmkr but frankly the whole thing got kinda stupid sounding after I really started putting actual effort into it.I don't harbour any resentment or dislike for the dude...but I'm still gonna write 2 more. :D

why don't we just go down to Crossroads and cut some heads, instead?:cool:

if I can get you pissed enuff to record three songs, I think you're a real douchbag, and ought to make it an even dozen.;) ..ya know...a whole CD's worth.

That's the trouble ...I'm not pissed anymore.Can I have a pass on the other 2?I'll only take it from you.If not ... prepare for the worst. ;)

...and BTW, that's MR. Douchebag to you ,son.

If by "cutting heads" you mean drinking 'till we love each other,that's just dandy with me.Is Crossroads topless by any chance?:p

sounds way better than the first version...

ok if i wasnt clear on the first post....THAT OPENING GIUTAR FRENZY KICKS FUCKING ASS......

vox are alot better on this...i dont know how to make them stick out more...its only on the harder parts when you sing lower its fine...fuck i love that guitar part.....now the next 2 songs i start out on will invariably be derived from this......DAMNIT:D

i dont remember you holding that note on the end so oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long on the first version....nice job.

jamal

W.I.S.C. said:
maybe you'de like to insult me and like ,try to,like,really mean it and stuff...hmm...nah!Thanx for the input and feedback,dude!

No way!I dont want a 3 Song CD made about me!LMAO!;)

Acrocephalic

Smell my sock?????(hey. it works.)

Just listened to Acrocephalic.........
Best recording I've heard in a stretch. Great playing all around. I'd prefer the traps to be a tad more out front but you already know about my drum fetish.
Keep 'em coming.

Peace,
Ralph Funaro (flat-9)

Ok, shot taking aside, I thought the lyrics were real creative. In that sense, I thought that was a very good job.

I liked the music too. Good guitars. I liked the sound of them and I liked the little guitar hook at the begining.

The one mix comment I would make is the vocals need a bit of work. They were a little thin sounding. I think they could be doubled and with a splash of reverb could come out sounding ok. Some of the harmonies could be a little tighter. I hope you don't write a song about me for this :).

But I still liked the song. Trip.

I was way too tired when I got to this last night. When I get home today I`ll be on this like white on rice. lub ya man

musically, this was great. There does seem to be something strange about the vocal though. It doesn't sit quite right. The problem seems to resolve at the middle section of the song though. It blends better during that part.

Twist

The guitars sound kind overcompressed or something. Drums are too far back in the mix expecially cymbals. Is there even a bass playing? Vocals are solid and funny too!

Some mix problems, but very funny!
Beez

hehee....that was fun :D. Sounded very good. I think your voice needs to come up just a tich. This gave me a neat 70's rock vibe in some spots (something about your voice reminds me of something that I just can't get a hold of right now). I also got an 80's rock feel in some places (maybe guitars). Then a 90's rock feel in some spots...

Oh I don't know...I'm all confused now...somebody hold me :( ;) :D

Nice work.

I loved your tracking man. You got a lot of clarity and captured it all well. The picking is kickin'. It needs some more meat on the kick/snare and bass. Vocals were good, just not quite loud enough for me. I dug the tune. I`m sure mxmr wubs U ! :)

Jamal-Thanx for not directly stealing any part of this...yet.(Aww go ahead...I prob stole it from somewhere anyway)

Flat-9-Yea...that line was ify with me.I didn't wanna have to say"...suck my c*ck..." or something like that.The drums are a tad weak for my taste too.I was really rushed with this one.

TripleM-The vox is weak IMO too!There were so many distractions that day ,ie;crazy,f*cking mini collie that barks if you fart,my Mom-in-laws boyfriends ex-wifes sister and her kids making a rawcus,my kids raising hell,my wife bitchin,my computer droping out(Sonar trbl).Only had enough time for a coupla takes and had to leave the slightly flat vocal spots.Kinda hard to bury all the f*ck ups in the mix.Thanx 4 tha listen.When you posting some new shit?

Twist-Is that short for "Twist up a fatty"?I hope so,I could really use one about now.Anyway,vocal strangeness aside,glad you dug it,Thanx for the listen...

Beez-Thanx for being an honest critic.All the things you mentioned were issues with me too.But I was jonesing to get this out there and it being a dis and all I wasn't too concerned with the mix,but now I'll have to do a remix just for my head.I am really just learning how to do all that shit...Thanx for the listen...and yea there's bass...must be buried,hmm

Jagular-Easy now.Take a deep breath.Turn off VH-1 and realize that your not stuck in a time warp.My many influences shining thru...how lovely(sarcastic tone).This one was fun for me too.Happy to be able to give you a smile or 2...:D

Toki987-Mixy does wuv me!Thanx Dude glad to hear ya liked it.Drums are weak...I'll get it better next song.Still learning ya know how it is.Stay tuned...

Afterthought:Thanx to whoever resurrected this thread and I will not be responding to any new feedback(Except thru PM)Cuz I want this horror show to get the hell off the 1st page so I can post my latest(Whenever that may be).Thanx to all who cared enough to check it out and all comments are,as always, appretiated(spelled right?).Special thanx to Mixmkr for the inspiration and headrattle.Peace...

Back