Reptile Humanoide Dub

vitaminx

A deep techno and dub techno inspired track.

Reptile Humanoide Dub [NEW TRACK, FREE DOWNLOAD] by Ramon Pankow | Free Listening on SoundCloud

It is entirely done with Renoise, all instruments are sample based.
The track has an unusual amount of delay and reverb busses, 14 in total.

As always I'd be very happy about your feedback regarding the composition, mixing, mastering, etc.

Greetings :)

DAW
- Renoise

Instruments
- samples

Effects
- Renoise internal effects
- u-he Presswerk
- u-he Protoverb
- u-he Colour Copy

Very clean! Bass thumps nicely without being too muddy. Lots of space in the instruments. This is what I haven't been DOING, but I can HEAR it when I hear it and know it's what I SHOULD be doing -- even if it's a different style of music from mine.

I'm definitely not qualified to nit-pick them mix, but it sounds great to me. I'd love to hear a Tricky-type vocal on this one. It fits that kind of voice perfectly. Any plans to put vox on it?

Nice work!

Very clean! Bass thumps nicely without being too muddy. Lots of space in the instruments. This is what I haven't been DOING, but I can HEAR it when I hear it and know it's what I SHOULD be doing -- even if it's a different style of music from mine. I'm definitely not qualified to nit-pick them mix, but it sounds great to me.
Great to hear that, it means I'm somewhat improving :)

I'd love to hear a Tricky-type vocal on this one. It fits that kind of voice perfectly. Any plans to put vox on it?
If someone would actually be able to sing like Tricky I would totally be in to add it to the track!

Nice work!
Thank you :)

I'm not an expert in the genre, but it sounded good to me. Kick has power but isn't taking over the whole mix. Synth bass sounds cool - works well in this mix. The synths in general sound good.

The intro was long - it took the song a long time to get going. After that, I thought there were enough change-ups to keep it interesting. I liked the "missed beat" stuff in the middle.

I agree with Trip the intro is a bit long. I like your synth sounds and you've used the delays and effects creatively and sympathetically. Mix sounds nicely balanced on headphones. Good job

Back