Remix of my latest song

Blue Cyberia

I posted this song about two weeks ago and the concensus was the drum track had some timing problems. I was able to tighten up the drums as well as bass, and I think it's a major improvement. Anyone care to listen?

Thanks

Great Song & Sound...What gear are you using to create the sounds and record?

I think there is good balance here coming from my speakers...

thanks for sharing...

renegade,

Thanks for listening. It is a long list of equipment, but the basic tracks are, Bass and mellotron/strings and lead synth from EMU Ultra 4, drums and choir sounds Roland JV2080, "lead guitar" is DX7 into Johnson J-station, assorted sweep sounds are Novation Supernova, and rhythm synth part is Waldorf Micro Q. This was all mixed through a combination of Sonar and Ramsa DA7.

vast improvement

The drums sound rhythmic now.
I would however like to see the fake bass replaced with real bass. I really don't think there is any substitute.
The technology has come a long way though and I'm sure many would disagree on that point.

My 2 cents:)

Re: vast improvement

HevyD47Ca said:
The drums sound rhythmic now.
I would however like to see the fake bass replaced with real bass. I really don't think there is any substitute.
The technology has come a long way though and I'm sure many would disagree on that point.

My 2 cents:)

Yeah, I agree with the above. Nothing really wrong with the bass sound in itself, but a real bass would blend better with your drums.

Cool song man.... I like this alot, very moody....

It has that Tangerine Dream vibe going on....

Everything sounds good to me... Yeah a real bass would sound better, but with what you got it sounds great...

Some real guitar would really set this off, I can hear some tasty leads here and there...

I'm gonna have to check out your other 2 songs....

All in all you did a nice job...

Thanks for all the replies. Of course who wouldn't want real bass, real guitar and real drums. But then I'd have to learn all those instruments, or find someone to play them for me, but that isn't really my gig. I'm just a hobbiest, and I have always been fascinated by electronic music and it's construction, so I paint with the colors I have control over. Anyway, I learned alot from this forum and others to improve my craft, and this is the result.

Incidentally, the bass is made up of three layers, a real bass sample covering low to mid, a subbass sine wave covering the very low, and an FM bass (DX7) covering the high harmonics and percussiveness. I think it sounds pretty cool, but of course it's not a real bass. :)

Back