Remix of Gtr Rock Instrumental

sounds good to me only thing i would say pull the lead back just a smidge and those drums sound too flat for a song like this. the snare has no presence i'd add more room to the snare other than that sounds good and the kick needs more up front punch.

Given there is no vocal I find the mix is a bit too steady. The rhythm is a bit by the numbers. Palm the crap out of it (have a "rhythm" break) , and play with the levels, mix up the lead in sections and then mix up the rhythm as a counterpoint with drumming sections for impact. As far as the snare goes, piss around with EQ and don't be afraid to change the EQ depending on the section. Basically have as much fun with the mix as you do with the lead guitar. :)

Given there is no vocal I find the mix is a bit too steady. The rhythm is a bit by the numbers. Palm the crap out of it (have a "rhythm" break) , and play with the levels, mix up the lead in sections and then mix up the rhythm as a counterpoint with drumming sections for impact. As far as the snare goes, piss around with EQ and don't be afraid to change the EQ depending on the section. Basically have as much fun with the mix as you do with the lead guitar. :)

Awesome suggestions!! Thanks for the critique. I will eventually do an entire new retracking of this song. I was using old tracks from Audition, just to see how my new gear worked. But I will use your advice wisely. Thanks again!!

(...)and those drums sound too flat for a song like this. the snare has no presence i'd add more room to the snare other than that sounds good and the kick needs more up front punch.(...)
Support that motion, drums need more attack and presence on your mix.

Back