"Reincarnation"...

Hmmm, I just streamed both the hi and the lo and they worked fine. Maybe try again?

great melody.. I like the way it is sung... it seemed a bit on the long side though.. acoustic sounds good, almost a bit overdriven at times.. I don't understand some of the lyrics, but I enjoyed the tune..

Thanks for the feedback, Sabbath. I was thinking the acoustic should be brought up a bit, but maybe not in light of your comment (there is 3:1 compression on it; maybe I should bring that down and the volume up). This was also my first time using a bass guitar; any comments on that?

Thanks again.

Sorry, man... no download, no listen. I'm on dial-up, and streaming isn't gonna happen. Not to mention the fact that I download and listen at my convenience.

PG, for you, if you don't want to lo fi stream, tell me when you are ready to download and I will enable the function for you.:cool:

cool...

this song reminds me a lot like a cross between John Weasly Harding and Billy Bragg (I'm sure I'm butchering these spellings, sorry), but probably more Harding.

Was that a bass I was hearing a bit on the left side? It sounded really light and could use a little more, or a bit more in the low end...although, I'm listening to these on crappy speakers, so I could be totally wrong.

Over all though, I thought it sounded really nice.

Larry, I think your writing just took a surge forward. That's pretty intricate chording - it works - and the lyrics capture well the essence of what I'm feeling about the whole stupid history of it all.

Um... Is that a Breedlove I hear? :cool: Now you're going to have to retrack some of the other tunes. This guitar is YOU.

------------
p.s. Just enable downloads for a few days and put these guys out of their misery...

Sounds pretty good Slim. Maybe a little too much room reverb on the vocals for my taste. The bass could probably use a bit of compression. The Breedlove sounds sweet.

Thanks Tex, Tree, Rob.

Yes that's the Breedlove!

The bass is indeed panned about 30% to the left; there is no compression on it; think I'll give it a try. I think I will reduce the reverb a tad...

Okay, I am going to go now and enable the download! Guess I'll just have to resign myself to being available on Kazaa;)

Ive been waiting for this since you posted the lyrics way back, lol.....worth the wait.....artistic statement very well done.....

myself i would have like to see the dynamics between the verse and chorus parts to be really massive....in other words bring the verses down real mellow, and then come in with the chorus real aggresive, pretty much like it is.....it would really add punch to your statement......but hey, its tool late for me to produce:D

good job, dude....

Slim, if you could see me right now, as I listen to this tune, you would see an old man bowing before you. This is the bomb. You got it going on. Great all the way around., even the pics. Thanks.

LI_Slim said:
Artistlaunch has been down (to me at least) for the last hour

That must be why it didn't work. Thanks for posting it at NoWhere.

I'm not into the folk thing, but this is a good song. Performance and recording are top-shelf. I like the way the song builds. Needs something more though. A violin solo in there would be cool. where's DavidK?:D

Nice work!:)

The guitar sound was excellent...this is me being jealous. Song was a little too much for me to handle this time of night, but the sound was excellent.

Nice work.

Thanks for listening Gidge, dtb, MB, Jag!!!! I really appreciate it.

I must admit that I do like this song.

I think that's good advice, Gidge, I actually perform it more that way.

Dtb, who's the old man that was listening with you?;)

I'm glad that everyone seems to like the guitar sound: I used a single small condensor mic (AT4041) right in front of it about 6 inches away, and in mixing scooped out the mids just a little bit and boosted around 5k just a little bit and added a little compression, and that's it. I'm thinking that all these esoteric micing positions and double and triple tracking and the like are all a waste of time.

Back