Rehearsal recording

MadAudio

Damned if I do
Submitted for your approval...

Imagine four men enclosed in a 12' x 15' room with a plethora of musical instruments which are all being recorded by a mysterious device in the next room. Imagine that this group of men decides to go by the collective name of 7 Door Sedan and that as of this moment their every desire is satisfied by picking up those instruments and producing tones that perhaps no one will ever hear....

These men can be found in the Twilight Zone.... :D

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=9594

Last edited:
Nice bassline there, kinda Midnight oilish.

Sounds like a fun jam.:cool:

I like the mix very much, very good balance, and it sounds great fro being a rehearsal recording.

The tune is catchy as well.

And damn I like that guitar solo, sounds very unique:)

thanks for sharing pal.

Naka - thanks! Since we were all in the same room and using a PA for vocals I had a lot of bleed to deal with. This is really more for the band to listen to for critiquing ourselves, but I thought it came out nice enough to post.

RocknRollOver - thanks for listening. Glad you enjoyed it!

Naka - thanks! Since we were all in the same room and using a PA for vocals I had a lot of bleed to deal with. This is really more for the band to listen to for critiquing ourselves, but I thought it came out nice enough to post.

RocknRollOver - thanks for listening. Glad you enjoyed it!

We do this ourselves all the time, it has a great learning value:)

Hey...Not bad for a rehearsal track! Although I wouldn't have used the made up word "Oilish"...instead having said Midnight Oil-esque, Naka nailed that observation...

LIke the song...good tight rhythm section. Guitars were nice.

cholo

I'd have to agree - this came out pretty nice... The vocals have a tiny bit too much reverb IMHO because they seem to be a little far away from the music. The depth on everything else seems pretty good though...

Drums sound excellent! Solid bass! Tight Rhythm! Tell the lead guitar player he's an animal - what a great solo!

:D:):D:)

:D

One of my all-time favorite records is "Basic" by Robert Quine and Fred Maher. I have it on vinyl, even...

i've always thought Quine is one of the more underrated guitarists. I'm a big fan of the stuff he did with the Voidoids and Richard Hell, personally.
i've been meaning to track down a copy of the Velvet Underground Quine Tapes... local record stores suck though.

What was your recording setup? everything sounds so clear.

Heh, sorry - wasn't ignoring you....

Guitar left (Reverend guitar into a Reverend amp) - e609s
Guitar right (Epiphone ES-335 through Reverend amp) - e609s (the one I just bought from kojdogg)
Bass (cheap Ibanez through Stewart power amp into SVT cab) - Beyer TG-X50
Kick - EV RE20
Snare - Beyer M201
Tom 1 - SM57
Tom 2 - SM57
Floor tom - ATM25
OH - pair of MXL 603 in x/y
Main vox - Beta 58
Ken's vox - SM57
Josh's vox - SM57
My vox - Crown CM311a headset mic

I'm lucky enough to have a separate control room next to the studio space. The guitar and bass mics were plugged into my Mackie 1604. Drum mics through Octane, OH through DMP3. Vocal mics into a Behringer :-)eek:) MX1604 mixer into makeshift PA w/line going to Mackie for recording. Unfortunately I've had to record all 4 vocal mics to 1 track. I need to reconfigure my set-up to separate them (the stupid Behringer mixer has limited # of outputs). I slapped a compressor onto the bass channel (dbx 163x) while recording.

The tracks have great seperation. Very impressive to me for such a small space. It's hard to hear much bleed for me. I wanna do this at my band practices! Sweet stuff!:)

Awsome!!!

The quality of this is much better than what a buddy o mine gave me as pre premier material to go on their "record" that's actually gonna be pressed on cd's and sold with a cover:D

Back