Reggae Rock Track "Horizon" by Burning Loud

AlecBeretz

Hey, this track was recorded in a bedroom and it still came out nicely. Let me know what you guys think.

It was intended to be a demo, so there are little rough bits here and there. The band is called "Burning Loud" and we're from Chico CA.

Attachments

• Horizon (Demo).mp3
    7.6 MB · Views: 16
I thought this sounded really good. I thought the tones on everything was excellent. Levels are generally well balanced (although I think the clean guitar playing the basic riff was a little too loud). Well performed.

Maybe the bass was just a little bit too loud too.

Good job.

I'm only half listening since I'm at work, but it sounds pretty solid from a precursory listen. Everything seems to come through pretty clearly.

Nice track! I agree that everything sounds pretty well balanced, one thing that's a little odd is the amount of reverb on the drums, especially the snare. I like the reverb tone, but maybe a touch less. Unless you like it of course! :p

Some nice dub touches during the track the snare reverb is very reggae of the 70's but needs a little more meat to it. Also a little more thhump to the kick drum would be good. Some of the rhythm guitar should be free of the 2nd stroke - Marley was pretty good at restricting himslf to just the stab.
Good stuff except for the intro & outro - both should've been a more dub treatment of the verse for my liking.

Back