Recording using samplitude recording software

Walter Tore

Recorded this one live tonight on 2 tracks, one for harp, vocal, drums (AT 30305), and one for electric guitar(MXL V57), through yamaha MG 10/2 mixer to a delta 66 soundcard, and mastered with Samplitude Master 6.0 . Both tracks bled together quite a bit, but I was still able to tweak it a bit. I am liking this software. My next purchase is going to be a good mic pre amp. Walter

The Drifter

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album....d=3118&alid=951

Walter,
Great stuff! You got a good voice and as allways I love your Blues Harp. The playing was not impeccable on the drums or guitar, but neither is any group I have ever gone to hear, sounded very much like a live group, except you could work with some panning to set a sound stage similar to a live set up.
The guitar was a little overbearing on the voice and harp. Perhaps a little less brightness and / or adding a little gritty tweed kinda sound.

Keep them coming.

If you get a chance, do ME a favor and listen to my latest which is a remix of a song I originally did 7 years ago in 16 bit on Cakewalk. Now I am using Samplitude and have added Mando and piano and replaced the electric drums with real ones. It is a Celtic / Bluegrass number called Dwyers Hornpipe.
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1955&alid=-1

If you have time let me know what you think.
tom@tmixstudio.com

Tom

Hi Tom: Thanks for the feedback. Using only 2 mics, how would I pan? I tried it on that song and it put voice/vocal/harp/drum, on one speaker and guitar on the other. There was some bleeding, but not enough to blend it together. Is there a technique for that? I would love to learn it. My musical abilities have always been in question as far as time, and proper notes go. I have surrendered to it, and just say "it's my style baby!". I wlll listen to your song tonight. My computer at work won't play music, and my wife is asleep until after I go to work. I will let you know what I think. Don't expect much. I am still a green bean to this medium. How do you like Samplitude? I am loving it. What version do you have? Walter

Walter,
I just record most every thing mono (with one mic obviously) unless it is something like an acoustic guitar I want to spread way out in the background, or a drum kit where I will use from 2 mics to 6 mics depending on how busy the drum part is.
With most every thing in mono I use panning and EQ as well as some reverb to create a sound stage that is interesting (and hopefully pertinent).

I have Samp producer version 6.04.
I REALLY love it! It has been such a pleasure to learn it. I still have a bunch to learn, and for me it has not always been easy either. Any time you need some help, I'll try.

If you have not updated your 6.0 to 6.04 you will want to. Some really nice added features are there and since it is free... what the heck! It also took care of a few bugs that 6.0 had.

Get back when you can!

Tom

Back