Recording I did of my band!

Hyperslug

Tell me what you think guys!

I used my Roland VS-2000 as my main console.
There are a few ruff spots.... but i'm interested in hearing what you guys have to say (about the recording, and even the song if you want)

www.myspace.com/theglasshourband
the song entitled "Don't Care"

Turn up the vox and slap some reverb on it. The song itself is good. Reminds me of the seventies. :cool:

When I clicked on the link, your song "Open up your heart" started playing, so I went ahead and listened to that one first. I really enjoyed the piano on that one. The singing wasn't bad but could use some polish in the mixing stage - take care of that and you have a winner.

Your song "Don't Care" seems interesting and has potential, but honestly the recording sounds kind of lo-fi or something. What was this recorded on? Parts of it sounds distorted while most everything sounds muffled. It could probably use some compression on many of the parts too. I don't want to seem too negative though, I can certainly hear the talent of this band - just keep working at the recording. Read as much as you can about tracking and mixing techniques and constantly try to push yourself and apply new things as you learn them. It will get better. :)

For some reason, it only plays a few seconds and then quits.
Tried a few times to get a listen.

Anywho, I like the piano tone, what I heard of it anyway.

Back