Recording from a disaster of a gig....

queepy

aka Variaxman
My band played a gig over Memorial Day weekend that was a bit of a disaster....it was in Alpena MI. at a brewery right by Lake Huron, we played outside in a tent with no sides ....it was sunny while we set up and by the time the 1st set ended the wind had picked up, the temp dropped about 20 degrees and it began to rain....niiice!. Here is our version of The Beatles "Tomorrow Never Knows" by the Beatles....

Tomorrow Never Knows Live

Hey....not bad guys. As a former Indigenous Michiganian I can appreciate what the weather there can do to an outdoor gig. I noticed the SRC logo ...
any connection to the Scott Richard Case out of AnnArbor???

chazba

chazba said:
Hey....not bad guys. As a former Indigenous Michiganian I can appreciate what the weather there can do to an outdoor gig. I noticed the SRC logo ...
any connection to the Scott Richard Case out of AnnArbor???

chazba

Thanks, yeah , we didn't even know we were gonna be outside till that afternoon when we got there....that logo is actually SRG....not familiar with Scott Richard Case....
Thanks for listening!

SRC was a hippie band from the '70s. They had a couple of good albums then disappeared......oh well...Where in MI do you live?

chazba

chazba said:
SRC was a hippie band from the '70s. They had a couple of good albums then disappeared......oh well...Where in MI do you live?

chazba

Cool....I live in a Detroit suburb...Livonia.

Recording sounds pretty good for live. The songs are a little bright though. Maybe not much you can do about it besides put the whole mix through an EQ. On headphones I also detect a weird kind of back and forth panning or phasing here and there. Could that be people walking in front of the mics or something?

all in all its pretty good though. Yall are pretty tight. Good job. :)

Greg_L said:
Recording sounds pretty good for live. The songs are a little bright though. Maybe not much you can do about it besides put the whole mix through an EQ. On headphones I also detect a weird kind of back and forth panning or phasing here and there. Could that be people walking in front of the mics or something?

all in all its pretty good though. Yall are pretty tight. Good job. :)

Thanks Greg, I used my mini disk recorder and had a little stereo mic clipped to the edge of the tent in front of us....I just hit record and let it roll during each set......I hear that phasing thing to and I think it was people walking by , and also, I was using a extension cable on the mic, and don't think I had it plugged in very well.......Thanks for listening!

Back