Recently had a nice little snow storm...

Really enjoyed your song's energetic vibe. The guitar parts were really cool. I just wish the vocals were a couple of dBs quieter though, as the instrument levels were getting overshadowed it (I'm guilty of this myself in my mixes, so no worries here) Interesting that a snowstorm inspired this song as well :)

Please check out my original song (the lyrics are in Nepali) that I wrote while I was living in a room with broken heating system during an extremely cold Midwest winter :) Prawol Bhattarai - "Yesto Kahile" | Older Version | Nepali Rock (Lyric Video) - YouTube

You like tool?
This sounds great. My only advice would be to chose a snare that’s less “snary”. Hard to explain but sounds like the you have the bottom snare up loud. Also try creating a parallel buss and place a bus compressor on that and send the kick and snare and maybe a little Toms. Get really aggressive with the compression and blend it in. You’ll find the drums sound more punchy, which I think the drums in this mix are lacking

Yeah I also would say that the snare would be nice if it would be less snary. Otherwise really great work!

I agree with TSOTS. I can clearly hear some TOOL influence in this, Which is great. I'm a big fan of Tool as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds good man. Did you do any adjustments to the drums. The caca, caca is a little distracting. Would favor keeping it out but it’s artistic and I get if you want to keep
It

Thanks everyone for giving it a listen and posting a response. I have not been able to make any adjustments to the mix yet, but I appreciate the feedback. We are all Tool fans, but did not consciously try to make a "Tool Song" if that makes sense... though we did consciously choose 3/4 as our time signature, which probably attributes to the "Tool" feel. We're also in E Standard instead of Drop D which Tool would have used. ;) I think the ca-caws are love them or hate them, I know that they for sure catch a lot of people by surprise. They were sort of just spur of the moment ad lib really... I had just been listening to the AMAZING (AOTY 2020?) album by Bütcher, "666 Goats Carry My Chariot" and he has lots of cool little vocal moments, like different metal genre's of the 80's would have used... and that's just what I felt during those "chugs" with the impending doom incoming and all... might also be the explanation for the missing eyes and tongues... if you know what I mean.

Back