real producer problems

tony moore

hey folks, i'm not sure if this is the right forum for this q., so forgive me in advance if it's not. first, my goal. i want to convert tracks from a cd to real audio files to put up on the net. i've already made mp3 files using music match jukebox and that was easy. i cannot get real producer g2 (the free one) to recognize the cd player. i even tried to get it to access the songs as files from the cd to no avail. also, i can't find where in real producer g2 to select the bandwidth as dragon describes in the real audio page. you can only select, voice, music, etc. so what am i doing wrong here? my only reason for wanting to use real audio is try streaming as dragon describes. mp3's were so easy, what gives with the real audio? thanks!

tony

You can't actually convert tracks to anything. You first have to extract them as WAV files and then you can do whatever you want with them. Even programs that appear to convert CD tracks directly to MP3 are doing this.

As far as the settings, if you look at my article and the advanced settings in RP, you'll see that they have names for the music, speech, etc. settings that then correspond to the bit rates. Check the links in that article for more info...

hey dragon, thanks! yep, i picked up a cd audio extractor and all is well. and i found the bandwidth settings under the preferences menu in real producer g2. i think i was trying to do all this too late at night :-) or too early :-) i have all my audio files converted to .ra files now. tonight i'm going to try and write the .ram files, upload them and try to stream! thanks for everything. wish me luck, tony

Back