Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The real "Covenant" thread

Thanks

The real "Covenant" thread

Sign in to disable this ad
    Sorry Crawdad, I didn't think anyone had a chance to catch it and I just wanted to raise the volume a bit.

I copied the body of my thread to repost it....

After a couple weeks of no music work I decided to work out a little acoustic idea to get back into the rhythm of things. I started tracking it yesterday, and I just finished a rough mix. It's just a few tracks with 1-or-2-take vocals and guitars, bass, drums and some quick EQ work, but I was wondering if I should add more instruments or just let the guitars breathe as they are. Either way, I'll give it a proper mix later.

Thanks for any ideas you share!

and here's a link...
    Covenant

Thanks
    Originally posted by crawdad
    Oops...now I know how Mixmkr feels, LOL! SluiCe, I like the openness of the track. It doesn't need any more guitars for sure. Flute riffs? Something airy like that perhaps.
    hmmm flute riffs sounds like a good idea, but I don't want to mix synth flute into it because I'd want it to be at a detailed level. I totally hear ya though. I've thought about organ, but I've been using organs a lot lately. Maybe someone here has a real flute....

Thanks
    yeah...I saw the thread...and was going to listen, but then it was gone.

I came inside from working in the rain to warm up and to listen to a couple tunes... (well..like you want to hear what I was doing today!!)

hey...a tune under 20mgs!!

the mix seems kinda mushy/bass boomy to me. I think you will not like it if you listen again with "new" ears.

This is kinda a weird tune, so it'll have to grow on me too.

Yeah..the low end on this mix is pretty bad.
    it is like there is a rumbling low end on it...some strumming gtrs, the drums doing something fairly creative, and the vocals kinda looking to be creative too.

Honestly, I'm only medium on the song too...now that it's played for awhile.

man..I feel like a dick-wipe being so negative...but this is not up to your high standards.. Maybe my ears got fried from being out in the rain too long... I don't know.

Thanks
    No don't worry about it mix...It's just kinda thrown together, I don't have much time into it, so I'm not gonna cry or nothing. Just looking for a few compositional ideas.

Thanks bro! I'll try to cut the bass back before I take off for the night.

Thanks
    OK! You're back. I'm gonna delete my other thread to minimize confusion!

Thanks
    I cut some lows from the bass and lowered its level by a db or so...
    I know it's not the best mix...it's still in composition phase, but hopefully the rumble will be gone. I may just say fuck it and ditch the whole thing after this weekend, but I needed to record something with my free time

Gotta get ready for a movie....thanks!

(Thanks Crawdad)

Thanks
    Ahh, I love your use of acoustic guitars and especially the performance. You have very interesting drum rhythms. Very non-standard. Still it doesn't detract from this song. There's lot to chew on this song. Weird time signatures and chord movements. Very beautiful themes. Vocals are close and warm. I like the feeling you put into them. It's hard to listen critically since the song is so good. When I listen to your stuff I can see what you mean when you talked about weaving a song together (in my thread). You really can weave Your songs have complex parts but you manage to keep it all together but not too "restricted".

One complain about the drums. The hihat sounded a bit watery, or weird at some places. I've noticed the same effect when limiting a song too much.

-EDIT-

And you're being too modest now. Do NOT ditch this song. I've yet to hear a song by you that sucks.

Thanks
    I usually like odd time sigs, and I dig your playing/singing. This just seems a bit too disjointed in places though.

Needs to flow better.

Thanks
    I love dark music!! This one is a bit disjointed, but in a good way. As I was listening, I was hit in different directions all the time. I love that. I could never sit and get comfortable with the song because I never knew what was coming next. But as I said, I enjoy that kind of thing. The recording is excellent. I am amazed with what I am hearing here...(I just joined) You guys are all really good! Great job. I'm gonna check out your other tunes.
    [url=http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=3232&alid=-1]Here are some of my tunes. Good for a laugh![/url]

Thanks

Thumbs up

that was cool! the 'ho ho how' parts are great! dude, good freakin tune! the recording sounds great too.. I'm not bothering with any nits.. the tunes too good! immediately a Sluice favorite.. ha! nice scratchy vocal @4:25.. this ones extra cool..

Thread Information