Ready to release FIRST SINGLE - need your feedback!

You haven't been around for a while...

Sounds pretty good. I am not a fan of the saturation/distortion on the vocals myself.

I have been offline for awhile, yes. touring with my band mostly.

Thanks for the feedback jimmys69 - are you referring to just the distorted 'accent' phrases that come in now and again, or the overall processed vocal (i think besides eq and compression there is a bit of short delay).

The female vocal at the beginning was hitting some frequency that made it hard for to swallow. I mean literally, there was a pressure was pushing down on my adam's apple. The male vocal had it somewhat as well. Was pretty intense.

My amateur opinion is that I couldn't detect anything plainly obvious. Maybe the lead vocal was too loud occasionally. I thought it could have blended in with the background a bit better.

I have been offline for awhile, yes. touring with my band mostly.

Thanks for the feedback jimmys69 - are you referring to just the distorted 'accent' phrases that come in now and again, or the overall processed vocal (i think besides eq and compression there is a bit of short delay).

The overall vocal effect is not soothing to me. Schwarz kind of described it well. There is something that just feels uncomfortable in the vocal tone to me

As a thank you to all of you for helping me with this process, I'm sharing the video we just finished for this song, which includes footage of us recording it.
I threw in a little nod to the Space Echo for it's dirty work at the 0:08 sec mark, which is also a nod to all of you who are 'in the know' regarding how this track was produced.

I'd love to know what you think of the video, and if you are interested in hearing the whole EP once it's done, PM your email address and I'll send you the link once it's online.

Here's the video: https://vimeo.com/154090140

Again, thank you!

I liked the video alot! But not the mix. Sorry. It didn't seem bright enough. Sounded a little Whoofy. Great song with fantastic vocals. you guys are very talented!

Sounds pretty good. I am not a fan of the saturation/distortion on the vocals myself.

Yes........I thought the mix was fine and well performed........nice job.......but was thrown off just a bit when the first vocal came in. I have to say that it stopped bothering fairly quickly though. As Jimmys69 is saying.......the vocal effect is not helping the soothing sound you're going for..........IMO. Back the effect off a bit and see if that is more to your liking.

Back