Re-work of latest project.

PDP

There once was a note
After a motherboard failure nightmare, my DAW is back up, so I got the chance to re-work this song after the help of many suggestions from the clinic,

This is it: (ALL ABOUT YOU)

Peter Pav - Home

All comments welcome!

That's pretty good home boy. It sounds great to me. When everything kicks in it comes to life. It reminds me of something that would be on the Grand Theft Auto : Vice City soundtrack :D

That's pretty good home boy. It sounds great to me. When everything kicks in it comes to life. It reminds me of something that would be on the Grand Theft Auto : Vice City soundtrack :D

Lol, Thanks man, appreciate the listen.

Thanks again.

Pete

Hell yeah dude. I remember this a little bit and from what I can tell this is better than the last time I heard it. Great song dude and the mix is spot on to me. :D

Hell yeah dude. I remember this a little bit and from what I can tell this is better than the last time I heard it. Great song dude and the mix is spot on to me. :D

Thanks Trump,

You suggested I pan the instruments more, that was a big help, definately made it alot more interesting to have things move around more.

Pete

Sounds like a great mix to me. It has a big fat sound to it. It's sort of leans towards Supertramp meets Billy Joel meets EJ. Cool stuff!

Sounds good to me PDP, though there's something about how the drums sit in the mix that sticks out to me. Maybe it's the reverb that makes them sound in a different space to the rest of the instruments. Can hear the Billy Joel reference - nice song.

Thanks for all the replies,

This tune was greatly improved by all the suggestions I got here in the clinic, I literally made changes taken from every suggestion, from the first time I posted the song in the clinic.

Pete

I remembered this one, and I liked it back then. I really like it now. Great job, Pete. Very unique music, in a very good way. Keep it up.

Not too bad. I'm not crazy about the wetness on everything, but that's personal choice. I think you could trade some bass gtr for some kick just to even them out a little more.

Kind of reminds me of Hall and Oats. Nice song. Good performances. I liked the bass line. I liked the guitar sounds.

The lead vocal seems just a little cloudy or muffled.

Heard a little click at :22.

I think the lead vocal could come up a bit

Last edited:
Very cool sir. You got nice piano skilz. I like the Stones reference (pretty, pretty gilrls). I like the mix. Not too shabby at all.

Thanks for all the listens, and suggestions.

Appreciate the help and support.

Pete

Nice piano work, PDP. And I think the arrangement works, if perhaps taking a little too long to really open up.

Your vocal harmonies are RAMIesqe, IMO.

Thanks for posting.

I dont remember hearing this tune before, might have missed a previous version. Reading the replies in the thread, looks like some major changes have taken place. To me it sounds great. If I were to offer up any suggestions, the only one I have is the piano in the intro sounds a little too quantized. Not sure if it's midi or live playing.

I say this because when I record piano, I play it live, but record the midi data as well. I then go back and edit out the flubs and rerecord. However, I avoid any quantizing because I don't want to lose the live feel. I'm curious if you do somethign similar. If it's live, then disregard my comments. If it's midi or midi recorded maybe look at how much quantizing is going on.

Thanks for sharing!! :)

Wow, that is a great tune. Since I come here more for help than to offer it, I may not be the best for advice but for what it's worth, the drums to me are great. Really fit in well from where I hear 'em. The only negative I could hear is that the guitar solo at the end could stand out a bit more. But then, I'm a guitarist so what do you expect... Great music though.

Nice piano work, PDP. And I think the arrangement works, if perhaps taking a little too long to really open up.

Your vocal harmonies are RAMIesqe, IMO.

Thanks for posting.

Thanks Super, appreciate the listen.

I dont remember hearing this tune before, might have missed a previous version. Reading the replies in the thread, looks like some major changes have taken place. To me it sounds great. If I were to offer up any suggestions, the only one I have is the piano in the intro sounds a little too quantized. Not sure if it's midi or live playing.

I say this because when I record piano, I play it live, but record the midi data as well. I then go back and edit out the flubs and rerecord. However, I avoid any quantizing because I don't want to lose the live feel. I'm curious if you do somethign similar. If it's live, then disregard my comments. If it's midi or midi recorded maybe look at how much quantizing is going on.

Thanks for sharing!! :)

Good point, the quantize was set at 1/16 and that is too tight. 1/64 is alot less noticable. I'm also learning how to do tempo changes in Cubase. Great fun!

Wow, that is a great tune. Since I come here more for help than to offer it, I may not be the best for advice but for what it's worth, the drums to me are great. Really fit in well from where I hear 'em. The only negative I could hear is that the guitar solo at the end could stand out a bit more. But then, I'm a guitarist so what do you expect... Great music though.

Thanks Steve,
My stuff has improved 100% since joining HR, I chuckle when I hear the first tune I posted here. Great group of talent and good people here. Thanks for the listen.

Back