Re-Mix Post

PDP

There once was a note
Really grateful for the help with the song "One Girl" I posted.

Joey: Cleaned up alot of the mids, I was also using a Steinberg maximizer that really boosts the mids on my master too much.

Tobe: I used the velocity to lower the upper notes in the bass line and turned up the whole track, brought up the kick too.

Greg: Cleaned up the guitars, rolled off some of the highs on them also.

I'm alot happier with the remix:
SoundClick artist: Tunes by PDP - PETER PAV PRODUCTIONS

Thanks again,
Pete

PS
At first it wasnt so easy to take the critism here (fragile ego) but now I feel like my stuff has gotten 100 times better.

Ive never had any criticism since I started here...my first mix was perfect lol

Im glad you get as much out of this place as I do, every ear has moved me further on and now Im one of the most sought after mixer/producers in my apartment, behind my wife and moulinex blender :D

I never heard this one when you first posted it so I dont have anything to judge it against...from the off I dont like the kick sample..too boxy, all thud and no snap or boom (I think thats what Im hearing) but I love the rest of it...clear and open...guitars and synth sounded great to me and vocals were the right level imho

you have a real quirky pop sound about you Pete that no one else seems to have in here, like a cheerful TV on the Radio..this was good just the kick would be my only nit

Yeah way better man.

Now that it's more listenable, clean up those vocals. The effects sound cheap. It makes the words hard to decipher.

Really enjoyed listening to this. Didn't hear the first version, but this one is good. I agree with kcearl that a song like this with a club beat needs a punchy snappy kick sound. This one is too pillowy for the song. Cool song, congrats.

Very full sound, almost carries me away toward the middle. The only thing I didnt like about it is the main vocal, I have to agree with Greg, I dont like the effects! Just on the main vocal now, to me the background stuff sounds great.

Back