raw and stinky

well, not my teacup, jamal, but this is a keeper. I like the vocals and the tune. worth working on for sure. Seems bass heavy, but I know you're working on it, like you said. Thanks.

Cool song. The verse sections sound killer. Sort of a modern 60s sound.

Mix wise, I really miss that left panned vocal when it disappears, the song sort of fades into the background. I think the choruses need some more impact to compete with the verses.

You've heard my mixes:D , so I can't offer any suggestions in that area haha! I like the tune muchO!! You got "THAT" voice man as i've told you before and before and before and before:D , also your tunes are up to date as well imo...how old are you 17?hehe! Naw, I know you're older than that..but you better get crackin man, the day's are long but the year's are flying by:( . Really liked the gtrs @ 1:52 or so, liked that little break in there. B/G vox are awesome as alway's...how in God's name do you come up with them..wow. Wished I could be of help man, ( but i'm just your run of the mill gusher):D . Great tune Jamal!

oh yeah...sorry about your username and all:D that had to be a bummer...BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!:D

kick and the bass are sure havin' a time of it with each other. It's soooo close to being a really fat sound together without "splattying out"

I heard those screams waaaaaaaay back there!!

Nice tune

I'd worry that the next tune on your CD would have a drastic EQ curve on it...if you catch my drift.

oh...there it is...you hear that low bass (rumble) note in your fadeout note?? clean that freq. up. That should make a difference and give you punch instead of oohmphff...

jamal hey

I came, I listened, I liked

I like the vocals. Real feeling there.

I realize this is raw so no need to talk about
mixing details.

I prefer to enjoy the content of material like this.

Good show mate!:)

you should stick to cover songs.........

just kidding, man....dry em' up....heres a Kleenex....you are sensitive........

the low end sounds a bit heavy on these little monitors so Im not sure how thats gonna translate on other systems......

when that vocal @ 1;26 comes panned center its too low......

mixwise I think its close......very close........

very good song......Im bout' ready for a Bamal Juchet CD:)

MIKE

I'm listening on headphones and I think the panning could be evened out a little. It seems pretty left-heavy for much of it.

Also, I feel like there's a little clipping happening with the drums? Definitely a distorted sound round the cymbol area. Unless I'm just deaf, which is possible after all the damn yahoos blowing shit up around my neighborhood to celebrate the fucking 4th of July.

Oops, did I sound grumpy? I *really* dig this song. Reminds me of the early 80s for some reason. That "I close my eyes she's inside of me part" is taking me right back to 1981 for some reason.

Cool stuff.

Chris

Oooh. Great tune.

Nice vocs and guitar. Drum timing a little off? Not sure - I'm not a very good judge of that, but thought I heard it in a couple of spots.

Excellent use of dynamics to build the song. And I like the idea of the double-time switch at the end, but something seemed to hold it back - bassline maybe?

Diamond in the rough, man. I'd love to hear the final version.

Daf

no mixing comments this time (I know you didn't posted this version for that ;))....

..but the song is the killer! plus the vocals kick @ss!
I hope you finish this tune soon cos my mp3 player is hungry

PS: work on it (fast) :D:D:D:D

I am very envious of your vocal range! As usual the vocals sound great. Good groove you got there too. I'll be waiting for the next mix.

dtb:...yep..bass is really really loud..lol...im still trying to reel in a good sound using this pre.....but thanks for the listen.

ped:..well it will at least sound more even hopefully..."curious" hehe like you watch an ambulance pull up to a car wreck.."curiously" watching to see what they bring out.!!:D

doug h:..are you talkin about the first chorus..where the vocal dissappears??...if you were heres the deal on that ....i was TRYING to just elude to the chorus on the first time through...but i really just didnt know how to accomplish that ..damnit...if its something OTHER than that ..well there were some phase cancelation issues i tried to clear up maybe i didnt??..you listen to this about 100 times and after a while i think i might just hear stuff that isnt there....:)

fresh ears:...hahahahah thanks ...its sooooo funny you mention that "break "...when it all stops except the one guitar (right before the really cool guitar part comes in)...thats TOTALLY by mistake...i was cropping a sour guitar note out ...and THATS how it ended up sounding...which i like :D ..one of the ONLY things i have ever liked about mixing really..lmao

mixmkr:...EXCELLENT idea about the last fading bass note...i need one of those spectrum analyzer things i think...yeahi hear you on the eq- thing..this is pretty majorly LOUD....hopefully i wont have to rely on my shitty bass sound here shortly..:D

heavy d4:...thanks ..im glad you dug i t...it has that .."man if you could just make a few changes this would really be cool " sound to it doesnt it??...lol...

gidge:...this IS a cover song....its the dixie chicks i think.....;)
OK OK I GET IT THE LOW END IS AWFUL jeeesus...sorry MR. OH LOOK HOW PERFECT MY BOTTOM END IS....lmao!..yeah uh...as soon as i have something i deem worthy of a "c.d" ill mail it off pronto!..ill check that vocal thats too low....

groucho:...ok thats a few who have mentioned the panning being left heavy...lol..damnit i should have listened more...sorry bout that im sure your right..and the cymbal thing ...see when i solo the track ..i dont hear it...i mean i did hear it when i was mixing...so i went back and checked but its not there...so it has to be something im doing compression or e-q or something...regardless i retracked the drums anyway (cause im the most analretentive person in the world)...:D ..thanks.

dafduc:...weelllllll apparently you and my wife think along the same lines...she said the SAME THING ..(bout the strapon)..:D
um drums could certainly be off a bit ..im not above having that happen...hopefully all thats cleared up witha retrack .
yeah that double time was a spur of the moment thing as i was recording the drums i think it works ...and YES THE BASS IS THE WORST BASS THAT EVER BASSED ON ANYTHING EVER RECORDED!..hehe see i dont even HAVE a bass so thats my guitar through a bass preset ..i know i know ...its just pathetic..

groove junkie:..hey what a cool post .thanks...vocals need a bit of work but they are close...again thanks for the thumbs up !!

fprod:..naa its just yelling...try it you can do it..anyone can yell...the GOOD singers can hit those notes without yelling...but thank you.....OR ...(lets just sit around and secretly hate the good singers)..want too????:D

thanks all ill be working on this more this weekend....hope none of your homes burnt down last night!!...we had a small brush fire up the street here ..damn kids!:D

jamal

Good song. Real good vocals and those background vocals are killer. I noticed the drums sounded like they were clipping (a bit of distortion) ... I know you are still working on the mix, but the song itself is very good!

:D

It was just mix stuff, I know it's just a rough mix right now. The chorus vocals seem to be mixed lower than the verse, so I get sort of a hole in the mix when the vocal in the left speaker goes away. I think the "elude to chorus" thing works.

Good song

Needs more guitar, but not more guitars.

Know what I mean?

I would love to hear this song recorded straight to 2-track with a tight band. No dubs required.;)

Jamal - okay, answer me this: if this one's raw and stinky, why bother polishing it? This one sounds GOOD. Maybe redo that guitar glitch at 0.57.

I like the way you move the vocals around - up front, out back, left and right. But maybe the backing 'ah-ahs' panned right and left behind the main vocal are slightly distracting... cut the level 1.5?

Good, satisfying rock music. Big swagger sound. Thumbs up.

Great song man! Kick and bass almost there but too hot. I loved the vocals. Can't wait to hear how this turns out!

Twist

i think it was mix that said the bass and kick were a little too much together.......it's funny because when i read that near the beginning of the track i totally agreed, but by the end, the full out mix seemed just right........maybe taming the low end just a touch could help that, who knows.........anyhow, very good song....i like the dynamics

Back