Rain

This is pretty nice sounding. Is it all synthesized apart from the vocals? Nice singing and the backing complements it.

I think the canned drums need to be kept simpler, though - when they start with the complex fills they're not very subtle and they give the impression of a blind man building a shed with too big a hammer.

Not too bad, though. :)

This is pretty nice sounding. Is it all synthesized apart from the vocals? Nice singing and the backing complements it.

I think the canned drums need to be kept simpler, though - when they start with the complex fills they're not very subtle and they give the impression of a blind man building a shed with too big a hammer.

Not too bad, though. :)

Iæm really glad you liked the song. I made everything today, so it's not so well produced/arranged. The drumgrooves are just copy paste from steven slate drums groovelibrary.

The baseguitar, guitars and vocals are not synthesized. The piano is alicia keys, there some hammond in the background as well.

I will try to fix the stressing drumfills. :)

PS: And ofcourse the tamborin is real. I almost always use it in my songs. :)

Very good. Real percussion sounds infinitely better than samples because the inherent randomness of the shakes and hits on things like sleigh bells, tambourines and claves can't be replicated very well by a drum machine. It's worth doing just for that reason.

For a quickie, this does sound nice. But yes, the drum fills here and there sound very awkward to me. Esp when the same ones are repeated. They lose their "fill appeal" as it doesn't sound random, more of a repeated variance. Still, nice recording.

For a quickie, this does sound nice. But yes, the drum fills here and there sound very awkward to me. Esp when the same ones are repeated. They lose their "fill appeal" as it doesn't sound random, more of a repeated variance. Still, nice recording.

Thanks a bunch! I have to fix the drums.. also I think the vocals are streched to long in the endings of the words in the refrain. Like; Whyyyyy.. etc.

Back