Radio spot - airworthy?

Motorbreath

It's not a tune, but it IS a recording:

It's about an 860k download.

I'll be doing songs for sure at some point, but right now I'm piecing together a voiceover business. Here's the process on my Athlon AXP 1800 with the Audiophile 2496 card:

1) Music bed craeted in Acid Music (not pro) and output to 48 kHz wave file.

2) Music bed imported into ntrack and converted to 96 kHz.

3) Voiceover with new Audio Technica 3035 through 12 channel DOD board. Fasoft compressor used on vox only.

4) Mix to 44.1 kHz, 16 bit wave file.

5) Convert to 256k mp3 with cdex, normalizing during the conversion here. (Could have done this in ntrack, but I haven't had good luck normalizing in that program lately. Do I even need to normalize stuff like this?)

Eventually, I want to get Acid Pro for the 24 bit support and Sound Forge for the beautifying effect. But for now, this is what I have. :)

Silly as it may be, this was really an excercise more than anything. The target audience is radio. I'd like to deliver via mp3 whenever possible and am wondering how things sound. Specific things or overall, good or bad, any comments are welcomed. I have some spec work to get to this weekend and want to do the best I can with what I have. I appreciate all the brutal honesty I've read in this forum. :) TIA!

Tony

The guitars were pretty low in the mix, and I had some trouble making out the words to the chorus, but....oh wait...Nevermind. I just read your post. :D

Sounded Great on headphones (but then again, doesn't everything?). Nothing about it sounded homemade to me.

(I still think you should work on the bridge).

:)

-chris

Here come da crits :cool:

Voice was a bit nasal. Maybe you could cut some lows out of the voice, since it will probably be heard in a band limited fashion (phone) anyway? Probably would help the nasal quality... Or, walk around talking like Yogi Bear for 15 minutes, then record the voice again :D

Eh... not much there tune wise, but a neat idea for a phone message :cool:

Chad

No, no, I think it's a cover of a song I heard on my Atari 2600. Childhood influence. Then again, it might be Hendrix. :)

Thanks, participant. I probably shouldn't have been voicing last night. I listened to it again this morning and I can hear that too. I also hear an extremely wet mouth, especially on "three". Sounded like sylvester the cat say "suffering suckatash!" lol

Back