IS this radio-ready?

I tracked the drums with some musicians on the below mix in N-track studio and we're going to submit this song to a local radio station taking submissions in a few days for local talent airplay so any comments about anything that sounds goofy would be appreciated. Anyone with knowledge of what their added aural exciters and compression would do to this mix would help or should we just send it in "as is" and cross our fingers?

I just tested the download of the file and my "premium" paid web host *may* be slow to download off of depending where you are. I called them about this already and they are supposed rectifying the issue as I'm typing this so hopefully it won't be an issue by the time you download this but lemme know if it's slow to download on your end.

Anyway, here's the link and good luck:
http://spookiejar.4mg.com/House of Glass.mp3

sorry. the link is goofed on this post and I stopped the post and corrected the link after this one submitted by accident. My bad. The correct link is:

It sounds pretty good to me. I'm hearing something very strange around 2:30 sounds like the guitar suddenly clips for a second or two? But it might be the MP3.

I also think the vocals at the begining of the song are blending a bit much.

All in all I enjoyed the song a lot!

Thanks alot for taking the time to listen and comment.

I opened the actual MP3 file in my editor and there is nothing near clipping around 2:30 and I cannot hear what you're hearing. If you're referring to around 1:30, then I do have a "subsonic boom rap wave" going off there once on the "down of one" for 4 measures into the first 2 choruses.

I was kinda iffy on the beginning vocals, so I will take that to heart and make them stand out a smidge...

Again, thanks for the listen, comments and glad you enjoyed.

the_supercritic said:
you're kidding, right?

this song is so obviously horrible that you must be delusional not to recognize it for yourself.

Supercritic:
Yes I am kidding. It's not really a song and this is all a complex ruse to trick you into thinking you're posting your world-famous one-line anonymous critiques so the board admin can catch you live with your IP address. Good call. You got me.
Please don't call ASCAP..... *sniffle* :`(

the supercritic is Deformed Comic

simple

banhimgladiator.jpg

He has nothing to offer a community interested in music

fritzmusic said:
Supercritic:
Yes I am kidding. It's not really a song and this is all a complex ruse to trick you into thinking you're posting your world-famous one-line anonymous critiques so the board admin can catch you live with your IP address. Good call. You got me.
Please don't call ASCAP..... *sniffle* :`(

if only your musical talents were half as sharp as your wit...

the_supercritic said:
you're kidding, right?

this song is so obviously horrible that you must be delusional not to recognize it for yourself.
your comments have the tact of a horse's ass... your trite has the intellect of an adolescent...

back to business...

the cymbals have little stereo spread or image...

double the heavy guitar and pan them hard...

Last edited:
Back