Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rachel

Thanks

Rachel

Sign in to disable this ad
    Here ya go fprod. This one was recorded in a bit of a rush and has some mistakes and "autotune" artifacts, but It's kinda grown on me. Oh and it's also a bit too "coldplay" probably.

Hope you like,

Cheers,

Ian.............

www.theresidents.net/rachel.mp3

Thanks

Re: Rachel

Originally posted by IanW-UK
    Here ya go fprod. This one was recorded in a bit of a rush and has some mistakes and "autotune" artifacts, but It's kinda grown on me. Oh and it's also a bit too "coldplay" probably.

Hope you like,

Cheers,

Ian.............

www.theresidents.net/rachel.mp3
    do you have a CD? are you on mp3.com?

Thanks
    Nice song. It has a good feel to it. Nice separation on the guitars.

The guit on the left is a little abrasive. maybe pull back some mids?

Harmonies would be nice.

And yes I caught a few mistakes.

Thanks
    for a rush cut this was very good. I like the way you captured the vocals especially. Big open sounding mix..
    " Miwk Kowz "

K: securelock

Thanks
    I like the tone on the right guitar, but if anything, I might turn it down in the mix just a tad. Great work, i want more sir!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanks guys,

Colinear, nope not on mp3.com and don't have a cd yet. We are making one though (these songs)

TripleM, I agree about the left guitar, I also think it's a bit loud in places. Thanks for the comments

Toki987, Thanks mate. Didn't do much, no compression or eq going in. The mic is a red 5 rv15, has been pretty impressive so far for the money

Echomancer, Cheers mate. Hopefully we will have more done soon and the website up and running

Thanks again all......

Thanks

Thumbs up

Awesome!
    Great wide open sound. Love the snare - your tunes have had some of the best snare sounds I've heard.

I like how the song subtly evolves.

Great geetar tone too. What gear are you using? Fender amp?

Only mix tip I can give is to balance the guitar levels some. The left over powers the right. Ending might be a little abrupt too. If you can extend the fade out a little that would help.

Hey, do me a favor and let me know where in the song there are autotune artifacts. I've never used autotune and don't know what I'm listening for. Is the word "again" at 1:04 an example? And what's "coldplay"?

This one is definitly going on my playlist. It's great to hear more of your stuff.

Thanks
    Thanks fprod, the snare is a sample from "drumkit from hell" mixed with a sample of the snare from my drummers kit on "learn"

Thanks for the tip about the balance of the guitars, I never even thought of that. how would one go about sorting that when there's only one guitar part? double it?

as for the autotune stuff, I'm no expert. It's the first time I've used it so I'm still learning how to use it properly. Couple of examples if you listen carfully: 1:17 "proud" right as it's tailing off it sounds like a really fast vibrato which he didn't do. Also a little more obvious 2:07 "hair" sounds like he wobbled the note but he didn't. There's a load more dotted about. If I'd had more time I'd have turned it down a shade or only applied it to the parts that were really out

Coldplay is a band over here in the UK. The middle 8 bit sounds a little to close to their style for my liking (even though I did it )

Cheers,

Ian........

Thanks
    When you say one guitar part are you referring to the begining? I guess I'd pan it center and move it left when the second one comes in - or just leave it. If you double it I think you'd have to add delay or something, otherwise you'd just have a louder guitar part. It's more later in the song that I was referring to. The right guitar just sounds so good but it's overpowered. The little riff in the right guitar at 2:26-2:27 just made me go "ooh!" (and even my girlfriend can't always get me to go "ooh!").

And yeah, that was what I was hearing as far as autotune artifacts. But if you hadn't said anything I probably wouldn't have noticed. Now I know what to look for and am gonna have to start slamming people for it.

Thanks
    Originally posted by fprod south
    When you say one guitar part are you referring to the begining? I guess I'd pan it center and move it left when the second one comes in - or just leave it. If you double it I think you'd have to add delay or something, otherwise you'd just have a louder guitar part. It's more later in the song that I was referring to. The right guitar just sounds so good but it's overpowered. The little riff in the right guitar at 2:26-2:27 just made me go "ooh!" (and even my girlfriend can't always get me to go "ooh!").

And yeah, that was what I was hearing as far as autotune artifacts. But if you hadn't said anything I probably wouldn't have noticed. Now I know what to look for and am gonna have to start slamming people for it.
    Oh THAT guitar I only put that in to boost the last chorus, I didn't think anyone would notice it cool

btw, forgot to say, all the guitars are my tele through a guitar port.

Thread Information