The race.

Hey Emeric,

This is one sweet tune. I aggree that the intro (around 00:30) could use some violin-cello arrangements. I even thought I heard some in there, but then realized it was just my head :)

The tone of your acoustic guitar is just sweet. Realy warm and soft (soft as in punchy soft, not mushy). How/with what did you record it?
The crunchy guitar is cool too, but it could be a bit more trebly. It sort of lacks presence as it is, the lower tones dominate it.

Other than that, this is really a great tune; keep up the great work!

Yeah... cello would be nice, too. There's bound to be dozens of violin players around here. A dual guitar/fiddle solo (trade-off and/or harmonized) could make the ending really kick. You'd need somebody pretty good to keep up with ya, though.

Gibs, thanks for checking it out - yes there are not many tom fills. More tom fills would help out for sure.

Memo: cello and/or violin would be nice. I don't know anyone in my local that plays such an instrument. The guitar was miced with the infamous NT-1, and double tracked. I've had good luck with this guild acoustic, it seems to record half decent, needs a bit of low end roll-off, but outside of that it's ok. I put down scratch tracks with a Takamine direct, but then end up replacing them with miced guild. Thanks for the comments.

just one thing

Cymbals sounds great, but the rest of the drums sounds flat, lifeless somehow..

It's a very good song.. good job :-D

Back