To quiet! Flaming ammunition!!!!

now......see...?......see its not just me......

i could climb a tree
or icould take a pee
i thinki skinned my knee....

.........feel free to use any of these lines in the .."remix".....:D

jamal

well, this *has* been named a flaming thread...

not that I've heard anything as good from either of you...

:D

wow......what a nice to thing to say....!!!.....man ..realy...i mean im stunned........

and you will be glad to know i heard some local neighbor kids singin th crap outta this song outside......."sticks and stones ......will break my bones"......so obviously the message is getting out!!!!......nice work.

;)
jamal

Commercial break:

No flame here ... I just like the production of the damn thing ... It's probably gonna be stuck in my head for the next few days ... dammit!

Especially the last line "You've got no class, you're downtown trash..." or something to that effect. Killer ending! I really like the way this is put together! :)

Okay, back to the flame war...

I like the placing of the different voices, cool. Are you playing with phase, or is there something other going on?

Anyway, I don't like the sound of the "main" vocals, they hurt my ears. :( And the vocals generally seem way to loud.

Other than that it's pretty darn perfect.

Sorry sjoko, this just isn't my kind of tune and I'm not into flaming unless it's political ;). Production sounds great for hip hip type stuff though (of course). :D

Cottage Update:

Im home now... We gave up.. We are all sick now.... My kid and the wife...

She did win $175 though.

Joe

Well, I finally listened

This is real cool... I like the voice, and she can sing... Don;t listen to those "others" on the first page of this thread...

the onlything that stood out for me, was that rock-style snare on the heavier parts..... I just don't it fits the tune....

Other than that... Great. Especially the mix.

Joe

Re: Cottage Update:

VOXVENDOR said:
Im home now... We gave up.. We are all sick now.... My kid and the wife...

She did win $175 though.

Joe

You've got it made, with a bit of planning the 175 bucks (-15 costs) could have paid for some booze, 4 blowjobs, and you would have been as good as new.............:rolleyes:

as a big bang for the buck enthusiast, i can tell you that crack ho's give the cheapest head, and Thunderbird red label is the cheapest drunk.........

I thought it sounded pretty good (for two notes...hey..but I'm now doing the same thing too...what the heck). I'm not a big fan of the 'cutesy' vocal style, and the mp3 encoder probably mangled your snare drum sound too. Otherwise, seemed pretty good. Vocal levels might have been a little strange, but not necessarily 'wrong' either. I'dda taken a little more aggressive guitar sound too...but that one seems to play 2nd fiddle to all the synth stuff anyway. I liked the "live stuff" MUCH better actually. The musicianship came thru much more on those tunes VS this one.

oh..the flame comment... this needs to be extended to the 15 minute version...

mixmkr said:
I'dda taken a little more aggressive guitar sound too...but that one seems to play 2nd fiddle to all the synth stuff anyway

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhh --- WHAT synth stuff?????:D

oh...this is like that first "Boston" album?? ..."no synths used"..

I'll have to have another go at it then, and check it out with that in mind. I thought I remembered some computer beeping type sounds, and stuff like that.

mixmkr said:
oh...this is like that first "Boston" album?? ..."no synths used"..

I'll have to have another go at it then, and check it out with that in mind. I thought I remembered some computer beeping type sounds, and stuff like that.

The bass is a key bass and the drums I put together from my sample library, everything else is played.

very interesting tune........i don't think i've heard anything like it around here before........i like some of the production techniques too...that beep is something that initially i thought was annoying, but by the end really liked it.........i don't have any solid mix suggestions, as there is a lot going on and nothing really stands out as being off........good work

my error...I heard all the sound effects, (beeping, the bendy clear gtr(?) parts, scratching sounds, white noise sounds, the sounds answering the wah gtr solo...etc)...and mistook them for synth parts. I've got a Roland GR-33...and a GK-2A pickup on a Gibson L6s....is that a synth?!:eek: ...or a guitar?;)

Back