Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: A quick song for your listening (dis?)pleasure

Thanks

Arrow A quick song for your listening (dis?)pleasure

Sign in to disable this ad
    Here is a link to a band site contatining a song that was recorded and mixed rather quickly for a radio contest entry. The link is below:

Click here

I got a lot of help from people on this bbs when putting together my home studio, and wanted to share the fruits of my (and their) labor.

There's only one song on the page at the moment, but there are more coming soon. Have a listen and let me know what you think.

...oh, and please try not to laugh too hard...

Thanks

Unhappy

I would listen to your song if it was downloadable, b/c this computer can't stream audio (no audio hardware)...

If it were downloadable, I could network it to the computer w/the soundcard...

Hopefully someone else can check this out for you

Chad

Thanks

Unhappy

Hm... no comments...

Anyone? (...one? ...one? ...one?)

P.S. - Sorry, Chad... thanks for trying, though.

P.P.S. - Just in case the other songs make it to the page, the title is "Mistress Carrie Theme Song"
    Last edited by HomeRec; 09-03-2003 at 12:22.

Thanks
    I am not a member of MP3.com and so, I can't check out your stuff! I am sorry.

If you set up a page at NoWhere-Radio or Sound-click, we can listen to your music without having to sign up for anything.

Cheers!

Thanks

** Update ** new songs

There are now three songs up on the aforementioned mp3.com site, including two new songs from a CD and one from the previously-mentioned contest. Have a listen, and let me know what you think. (*duck*)

NOTE: I realize many people, such as TGOFM, are not mp3.com members. When I listen to music on mp3.com, I don't create an account... rather, I enter random information to get past the "sign-up" screen and get to the music. You have to do it again if you wipe your browser's cookies, but you can listen to mp3.com music without signing up.

Here's the link to the site again, for your convenience.

P.S. - One star for this thread? Aw, c'mon... have a heart...

Thanks

Sorry

I tried - but I need a downloadable file.
    MC
    MC Gitarz

Thanks

** Update: Downloads available **

All right... the songs are now available for download as well as streaming. If you can stream the files, please do so, but if you need to download, that is available as well. Either way, let me know what you think... (*cringe*)

Here is the link to the site once again... wow, I should consider demanding advertising commissions from mp3.com!

(After all this, wouldn't it be ironic if everyone hated the songs?)

P.S. - As a side note, do you think the song "Understand" would fall under "Rock" or "Punk"? It's listed as "Rock" right now.

P.P.S. - If you like the songs, please rate this thread... There hasn't been any feedback, but the thread has a "1-star" rating.

Thanks
    Sorry man, but we have to register even to strem the song!

Why don't you put this on NoWhereRadio or SongClick just like the other guys suggested? Everybody can listen it from there without having to register.

BS

Thanks
    I saw three songs. I had problems downloading Apropros, but had success with Understand.

I liked the rhythm guitar tone you got and part you played. I liked the feel when the chorus kicked in. I liked the drums.

The lead guitar part was nice, and well played. The tone on it was lacking a bunch mids. Sounded like it was on the other side of an oak door, if I can describe it that way.

I think you could get a little more kick out of that bass. Perhaps some EQ boosts in the lows to give it more strength and a boost in the 800hz range to give it some more defined attack? The song would have a better feel with a good hard driving bass part.

On to the vocals...
    Honestly they're the weakest part of the song. Some struggles to hit the low notes. Some wavering on pitch. The vox are pretty dry too. This song practically screams for harmonies.

Hope this helps...

Thanks
    BloodShark

See my post above regarding mp3.com registering. I may do Nowhere Radio, etc. now that the songs are downloadable, but for the moment, you can get to the songs without having to give personal info to mp3.com.

TripleM

I appreciate the honest comments. I would ask that you try Apropos again (I didn't have any problem downloading it). Understand is the first song I mixed, and is different than pretty much everything else on the CD in that respect. Also, have a listen to The Mistress Carrie Theme Song (A later-mixed song), which has a lot more reverb and some harmonies in it. One thing about the CD; I finished it, it sounded okay, but I got the feeling I jumped the gun putting it out. Your comments on Understand seem to back that up. Man, I hope I don't have a multi-K turkey on my hands

Keep the comments coming, folks. Feedback, good or bad, is always helpful.

Thread Information