Quality Commentary - not an mp3

XLR

______
Have to say that the best music I've found in the last few years is here in the mixing clinic. It really surprises me because it was totally unexpected. In comparison, most commercial productions I hear now seem homogenized, over processed, artificial and over-marketed. The mp3 and wave files (copied from streaming audio) I've collected here have to a large extent replaced radio for me as well as much of my CD listening. And the personalization of the music by the forum discussion adds even more to its quality.

Just saying thanks to all who post.

Tim

Timothy Lawler said:
Have to say that the best music I've found in the last few years is here in the mixing clinic. It really surprises me because it was totally unexpected. In comparison, most commercial productions I hear now seem homogenized, over processed, artificial and over-marketed. The mp3 and wave files (copied from streaming audio) I've collected here have to a large extent replaced radio for me as well as much of my CD listening. And the personalization of the music by the discussion here adds even more to its quality.

Tim

Well, Tim, some of your stuff is available from your website, and fits in with this. There is a ton of good music out there, and luckily there is a lot of it available to listen to right here. I listen to the radio in my friends truck, when he has it on, other than that, it is cd's. Many of the songs I have are from independent artist, such as people from here, and since there is such a vast array of styles, it has broadened my range of what I listen to. I've always listened to very hard rock, and some classical/bluesy stuff, but have grown to appreciate the more alternative, pop/rock style I've found by some people on here. (Supercreep, to name one. ) The way some people arrange the composition of their material is amazing. Makes me try different stuff, and has made me try and play some lead. But for real songs, I will always try and hire Purge for that. 3 Nyquils and he is happy.
Ed

You're right, Tim. This is truely a unique place with lots of great music. I tend to keep songs posted on here as well. It can sure eat up your HD space! Oh, and by the way, YOU Sir, have posted some astounding things here yourself!

;)

Dogman said:
Do it!!! I dare you to!!!!!
Ed
Try putting a lead to this one. :p
I'm still screwing around with the software and equipment (just bought cubase). This is my first go at looping.

Maybe I need to start reading the instructions. :rolleyes:

Peace

I've been hijacked. That's OK... fellow Rumblers are allowed extra flexibility in thread content, according to my protocol droid.

Tim

Timothy Lawler said:
Have to say that the best music I've found in the last few years is here in the mixing clinic. It really surprises me because it was totally unexpected

Tim
I gotta agree with ya on this one! Popular music is so... stagnant, like a pond with scum on top. It's really great to stop in here after work, grab a cold one and relax on the couch with a bunch of people screwing around with sound waves. :)

Insightnsound said:
I'm still screwing around with the software and equipment (just bought cubase). This is my first go at looping.

Peace

Hey, I'll try anything......

Great stuff here. It has expanded my musical tastes, as well.

Just check out the signature. I wish I could add more to it.

Yeah ive heard some great productions here on this forum and also lots of bad productions. I love this forum. Good to be able to hear directly lesser known artists music from all over the world in the comfort of my own home! :)

Timothy Lawler said:
I've been hijacked. That's OK... fellow Rumblers are allowed extra flexibility in thread content, according to my protocol droid.

Tim
Sorry, did not mean to be hijacking. Oh, and your guitar playing is outstanding.

Have I kissed enough a$$ now? ;)

Timothy Lawler said:
Have to say that the best music I've found in the last few years is here in the mixing clinic. It really surprises me because it was totally unexpected. In comparison, most commercial productions I hear now seem homogenized, over processed, artificial and over-marketed. The mp3 and wave files (copied from streaming audio) I've collected here have to a large extent replaced radio for me as well as much of my CD listening. And the personalization of the music by the forum discussion adds even more to its quality.

Tim

Agreed.
This place is my first stop every morning.
I run downstairs and check here before i even get my coffe! :eek: :D

xfinsterx said:
Agreed.
This place is my first stop every morning.
I run downstairs and check here before i even get my coffe! :eek: :D

But where is your latest Rumble??? I've been waiting for it, and even posted 2 of my own. Come on, Quickdraw, let's get the lead out.... :D
Ed

Dogman said:
But where is your latest Rumble??? I've been waiting for it, and even posted 2 of my own. Come on, Quickdraw, let's get the lead out.... :D
Ed

Heh, its nice to be lazy.
Ill do it when i do it bro.

Carry On!

-Finster

swatsds said:
Great stuff here. It has expanded my musical tastes, as well.

Just check out the signature. I wish I could add more to it.

Yeah ditto. Aswell as helped me in terms with my own music - of which although my recording isn't totally amazing... Its coming along nicely.

Insightnsound said:

Peace

Hah! There! I ruined it for you! :p :D

Interested to hear the tracks that have appeared in my thread but I'll have to wait until Monday because of the Fathers Day weekend festivities here!

Tim

Back