"Punk Life"

JohnnyAmato

Long time, no post for me, hope everyone is doing well.

Working hard on a bunch of new recordings, this is one of them. Just looking for general critiques, or if anything stands out.

I'm getting ready to head up to my cabin for the weekend so I don't have time right now to check a bunch of people's mixes, but will in the morning.

Also posting a Green Day demo I did for fun. I did it for an audition for a GD tribute band a few months ago, but recently added more to it. Check it out if you want, I'll take critiques for that mix as well. Not sure what I'm ultimately going to do with it, but it was sure fun to make.

Thanks!

Dropbox - PunkLifeFirstMixDemo.wav - Simplify your life

Dropbox - GreenDayMix7Demo.wav - Simplify your life

Last edited:
Long time, no post for me, hope everyone is doing well.

Working hard on a bunch of new recordings, this is one of them. Just looking for general critiques, or if anything stands out.

I'm getting ready to head up to my cabin for the weekend so I don't have time right now to check a bunch of people's mixes, but will in the morning.

Also posting a Green Day demo I did for fun. I did it for an audition for a GD tribute band a few months ago, but recently added more to it. Check it out if you want, I'll take critiques for that mix as well. Not sure what I'm ultimately going to do with it, but it was sure fun to make.

Thanks!

Dropbox - PunkLifeMix4Demo.wav - Simplify your life

Dropbox - GreenDayMix7Demo.wav - Simplify your life

Great mix! Great performance. I didn't do an A/B with original - here are just my thoughts listening:

The distorted guitar tone could some more "Marshally" - sounds more "American" - the mids could be more prominent. The vocals are good - could do with a low mid boost. Drums are a little dry also and could be more punchy - either using clipper or a more aggressive compressor - like a dbx160 or API2500.

Love the acoustic guitar tone - love to know how this was done. Struggle with good sounds myself.

Just my humble thoughts. Keep or sweep.

Back