The Promise

jrlemonz

Hey, new offerings from my band Inner Truth. check out http://mp3.com/innertruth - The Promise is the one I'm looking for the most input on. Fall isn't the final version, the one we have mastered has more of an in your face sound. Recording process:

Premier Artist Maple 3 Piece (22", 12", 16") w/ a Pearl Maple Free Floater - All Sabian Cymbals (19" Rock Crash, 18" Studio, 21" Stage Ride, and !4" Studio Hats) except for a 20" Zildgian China.
Mic'ed with a 57 on the snare, Superlux cheapies on the toms and kick, and Octavia 319's for overheads.

Marshall JCM800 miced with a 57 for the main guitar tracks, other tracks (more back in the mix) are a Mesa Dual through the same 1960B cab, mic'ed with the same 57. Guitars are an SG I and an SG Special.

Bass is an American Jazz Bass Deluxe direct through an SVT3.

Vox are an AT4045 through the same Mackie 1604VLZPRO that the whole thing was put through.

Recorded through a Guillemot ISIS 8x4 into Nuendo, mixed entirely inside the computer.

Thanks! - Jake

hey,

was promise mastered? It comes really tough, especially when the guitars come in. Powerful!.

If its mastered, there is nothing you can do about it, but the voice is a bit low.

I love the biggness of the low end(approaching muddy) but it seems the kick is not very well defined.

Definitely a big mix.

We have a mastered copy, but that isn't it. The voice is a little higher in the final, and the low end is lceared up. Thanks!

Jake

Back