progressive rock/ psychedelic rock jazz original tune from the other day

70ssound

progressive rock/ psychedelic rock jazz original tune from the other day

this is a tune i was playing aroudn with the other day...im not sure about the mixing.....
opinions? can people stand this kind of music anymore?

copy and paste the link, shuld werk
THANX!

garageband.com/mp3/Acid_Trip-ILoveAppliances.mp3?|pe1|S8LTM0LdsaSgZlGzZGA

Last edited:
I think the whole mix is a bit unbalenced.

Starting from the ground up, the drums aren't very loud. I can make them out well enough, but the bass is especially loud. Organ sounds nice. Its really just the drums. Maybe bump the guitar up during solos.

I'm a fan of this genre of music, so I liked the composition, especially the transition around 1:55 into the upbeat section.

I would be interested in how you recorded this, it sounds quite authentic - almost like something recorded in the 70's. Almost :)

Overally, nice musicianship and a nice jammy atmosphere, the levels just need a bit of attention

hi thanks i took your tips
i edited the mixing a bit and re-recorded some problematic organ parts
this should sound more like it thanks for the tips...though i think there is room for plenty more now that i hear it right now needs a lota vocals somewhere..anyway tell me if this sounds better to you ?

garageband.com/mp3/Acid_Trip-ILoveAppliances.mp3?|pe1|S8LTM0LdsaSgZlGzZGA

thanks for the tips!

the reason it sounds that way is because the mic pres are all from 1976. so basically everything is going through 1976 circuitry before entering Audacity...by the way, a tape machine from 40 years ago is easier to operate than audacity..its a big pain in the butt!

i have made a couple a recordings with these pres and an half inch tape machine from 1976 and a reel of tape from the early 70s. those recordings do sound basically authentic save for a modern thing here or there. i can ding those links up if yer curious ...the tape machine broke tho so i have to use audacity

Last edited:
wow, I really like this style of music. I don't know if its from you '76 pres, but it sounds like its from 1971.

I'm listening to your original mix (didn't see the second one) but my complaints are the same. I like loud bass, but the drums could go up a bit. The organ playing is fantastic!

Back