In Progress Prog Rock

this song is great! it follows in the tradition of bruford-era yes and gabriel-era genesis.

the keys are exceptional.

acoustic guitar coming in and the halfway point sounds EXCELLENT!!! perhaps the best i've heard on this forum.

lead vox are buried--bring 'em up, they sound good!

the harmonies are spot on and well recorded/mixed.

on the intro, it sounds like the drums and bass are muddied up by fighting for the same freq range, and the bass has a strange clicking going on--sounds like an overbearing, surgical eq.

snare sound is very good.

my biggest complaint, though, is that the song isn't longer--you could've gone all over the place with this concept. it sounds like one third of a great progressive epic. looking forward to hearing more from you!!!

Faderbug-- I wonder if it's the embedded mp3 player that's giving you the problem. That makes me wonder if anyone else has had problems and not said anything. Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into it.

Drossfile-- thanks a lot! I really don't know what to think sometimes. The song is a work in progress that I'm just letting evolve, if that makes sense. There will be more to it. The clicking bass is my attempt at a Chris Squire bright attack. It's the compression. I'll back off. Once I get everything recorded I'll sort out the drums bass eq competition. Thanks for the comments, tastes of Yes and Genesis (and ELP) are what I was going for.

Back