professional audio/video recordings of my band's band practice!

no one yet?

well ill give some background info. my bands been playing for about 1 year, and my bassist literally picked up a bass for the first time, only a week before we started our band. He was originally a guitar player, but taught keith(my guitarist now) how to play guitar and keith picked it up really quick. hes been playing for almost 2 years now. I've been playing since i was 5, and im 20 now.

for my recording setup, I have an Aardvark q10 with 8 mic preamps and I use Adobe Audition to record. the q10 is my first interface, and before that, i was just using a mixer to mix everything to 1 channel and record band practices as much as possible. I eventually got comfertable enough to get the interface and start recording every band practice, which then ended up teaching me most everything i know about mixing and mastering. Then I picked up an HD video camera and tripod off craigslist and started recording every practice in video as well, and then syncing the mixed/mastered wav files to the video files i recorded. Now every band practice ends up as a youtube playlist link like the one i posted above.

i definitely have lots more to learn about mixing and mastering, but thats why im posting here.

let me know if you have any tips or pointers or anything! and let me know what you think!

thanks!!
mike

These utub things would appear to be AV twitter.
The heading says professional...perhaps it should have begun with How Do I Get...
Single shot & a little out of synch.
Audio isn't too bad given the circumstances.
You'd be better served selecting a good performance of a good song from your takes & working on the mix & synch of that for distribution. Otherwise you're spending a lot of energy twittering.
Actually, you should forget about the vid & focus on recording the band. Live rehearsal recordings can be useful BUT you seem to have some gear so why not set up & actually record a song in the semi traditional way?
You shouldn't even think of "mastering" anything until you've done a bit of capture & mixing.
Keep up the good work.

thanks man!!! great advice!!!! thats just what i needed to steer me in the right direction. I'll post my next work when it's ready!

thanks again, i appreciate you taking the time to help!

Back