Prepare To Get Rocked By BLOWCHAIN!

I listened to "Rock Blowchain..." and "Rodeo."

Musically, I thought the songs were catchy enough. I kind of liked that part of them.

Both of them sounded like live recordings. The vocals sounded distant. The vocal performances were a little "loose." Some of the doubled vox had synching issues. I'd recommend that if you double the lead vocals that you send both tracks down the center.

The levels on both songs were a bit low. Maybe some compression and boosting to help? Some drum mis-hits and tempo variation on Rodeo.

I guess it's supposed to be funny in a weird sort of way?

Anyway, those are my thoughts...

definately different. they are decent songs though,i listened to the same ones as triple m and i pretty much have to echoe his sugestions, one thing i might suggest and please dont take it wrong its just criticism, it took me 2 years to learn that when you finish a song make sure that it is tight, meaning the performance was done as good as you possibly can(AS PERFECT AS YOU CAN DO IT) i dont see huge problems here but the small ones realy add up. the vox need to be redone, or you could try what triple said and compress them to make em fatter, sometimes some light chorus on them helps fatten em up. anyway thanks for sharing and let us know if you remix and ill give it another listen.
god bless tim pate

Cool! Thanks for the advice guys, that's awesome and I completely see where your coming from. Blowchain formed two weeks ago as a joke. In that time we've recorded a CD, played a party and broken up. The songs I posted are virtually single take parts regardless of quality. No one in the band ever played drums much before, most of the songs have the word "Blowchain" in them 20+ plus times. Haha! When I buckle down to make some more serious recordings I defiantly am going to try and figure out how to get the vocals to sound bigger. I'm pretty stoked on the drum sound on Rock Blowchain Rock though. Anyway-Blowchain says keep rocking!

Back