Precious Moment (Pop)

My suggestion is to find some songs that you really like and analyze them from start to finish - all the elements, sounds, arrangement, details, rhythm etc. Try recreating them. Then try to apply the same principles while creating your own music, it will help you improve and achieve a decent level if you keep at it for long enough. Cheers

It's not a bad song. It wouldn't be a hit in 2020. Everything about this says 80s. If you're writing songs that you eventually want to pitch. You need to listen to the radio at what's being playing and try to duplicate those sounds. That keyboard you're playing sounds like it could be from the 80s, along with your riff. If that's all you have, you have to think outside the box and do something that masks the 80'sness. Your song took me back to my youth, in a good way.

Nice song, whatever you do with it.

My suggestion is to find some songs that you really like and analyze them from start to finish - all the elements, sounds, arrangement, details, rhythm etc. Try recreating them. Then try to apply the same principles while creating your own music, it will help you improve and achieve a decent level if you keep at it for long enough. Cheers

Thanks for the suggestion Aufderwel, I will try that.

It's not a bad song. It wouldn't be a hit in 2020. Everything about this says 80s. If you're writing songs that you eventually want to pitch. You need to listen to the radio at what's being playing and try to duplicate those sounds. That keyboard you're playing sounds like it could be from the 80s, along with your riff. If that's all you have, you have to think outside the box and do something that masks the 80'sness. Your song took me back to my youth, in a good way.

Nice song, whatever you do with it.

Hi Snowman999, I am very thankful for the comment you've made Thanks for listening.

Irwin

I guess I am wondering what you mean by pitch? Pitching it as a composition? As a finished work? For airplay? (whatever that that means now), for film soundtrack?. Anyway - I am not sure, but I don't think things work like that anymore. For example - who would you be pitching it to? Gimme a basic idea and then I can comment more, if you are interested.

I guess I am wondering what you mean by pitch? Pitching it as a composition? As a finished work? For airplay? (whatever that that means now), for film soundtrack?. Anyway - I am not sure, but I don't think things work like that anymore. For example - who would you be pitching it to? Gimme a basic idea and then I can comment more, if you are interested.

Sure chuckduffy, Thanks for asking. When I say pitch I meant submitting my song for an artiste to consider if they want to record the song and release it.

Irwin

If you're pitching this exact version, it won't fly.

The vocals are off pitch and there is distortion on the track.

Back off the limiter.

The backing tracks are quite random and don't seem to have any coherent flow. It's hard to latch onto any melody or progression. The vocals sound like they were sung over a different song. Plus what Manslick said

Back