Praises + Drums

dres

Hi people,
finally got a chance on the weekend to add drums to this song ... indeed as a lot of people suggested I think it has greatly improved the song. I also tinkered with the reverb on the vocals but have not made any changes to the words.

All comments appreciated.

www.nowhereradio.com/dres

"Praises Mk II"

Dres, i'm glad you posted this!!! i really wanted to hear it with drum's!!!!! I'm on computer speaker's so my perception is blurred, but i love what i heard!! very tastefull addition, nice and subtle. i think the vocal sound's better too!! I 'm having a hard time hearing a kick drum, but like i said...computer speaker's suck!!.....so disregard that.

Bottom line..........I like this version better!!!!!!!!

Thank's , dres!!!!!!

Peace

Rick

Thanks for listening ... it was hard finding a snare sound that worked .. eventually went for a brush type sound. I think it gives the song a lot more movement. Glad you liked it .. enjoy

Cheers
dres

Good call on the brushes. Sounds good.

I think the backing vocals still stick out a bit too much in a few spots (like the one on the left on the word "praises") but that's just a nit pick.;)

Nice work.:)

Thanks M.Brane for listening. I'm fairly pleased with the result...the electronic drums don't sound too bad at all. Yep I agree those backing vocals could do with some fixing.

Enjoy

Dres,

I'm at work listening on headphones ... so take this for what it's worth. I'll check it out again tonight on my monitors.

My first impression is that your on the right track, but something's not working. It may be the drums need to be louder. But it seems like the drum rhythm often "competes" with song's natural groove. It might be that the overall percussion (drums, tamorine, etc.) needs to be tightened up.

Still like the tune. I'm warming up to the "obedient" lyric.

BPOCO

Wow ! That was great...

I normally don't like praise music (yes i play in a praise band) but this one has a real "Cat Stevens" kinda' feel to it.

The vocals sound outa sync a little but besides that it sounded good to me.

Questions:

How did you record the guitar? (sounded great)
What did you use for the drums?

Thanks
Dennis

Hey listening on studiophile monitors ! I wouldn't change a thing! sounds great to my ears. Great playing, vocals and all areas are superior. Drums ,yeah I wish I could get drums to sound that good. How did you do the drums? what equipment?

Peace
Bill

Sorry people I've been so late replying ... majorly busy at work with conferences etc.

bpoco : Thanks again for your comments. I know the drum track doesn't completely sync up and drifts a little in places ... playing it in live I don't think it can get much better though and overall it's OK I think. I could possibly improve things by playing with the volume of the drum track to hide mistakes. Glad your warming to "obedient" after some thought I think I'd lose too much of the songs impact if I change it. Cheers.

Analytical Man: Thanks man. I'm very happy with the rythmic flow of the guitar on this one. Glad you like it :)

rustyfingers : I've posted this before in the other link but FYI the guitar is a Taylor 310 recorded stereo into 2 omni's (cheap $2 electrec capsules) spread about 3 feet apart ... + NTK over neck area into focusrite Voicemaster with the lows eq'ed out (panned left) and the internal pickup (B-Band AST) panned right. So 4 signals recoreded simultaneously and mixed down to a stereo track.
Drums are played "live" into a Roland TD-8 electric kit and DI'ed into a Promix 01 desk. Hope this helps

Smokepole : glad you like the break ... it was a last minute desicion that I think worked well. Thanks for listening.

wfaraoni : Thanks for your comments. See above about the drums.

rustyfingers : Wow I've never had anyone bother to bump my posts before ... thanks mate ;) I hope your question about drums is adequately answered above. Otherwise ask some more.

Cheers

dres said:

rustyfingers : I've posted this before in the other link but FYI the guitar is a Taylor 310 recorded stereo into 2 omni's (cheap $2 electrec capsules) spread about 3 feet apart ... + NTK over neck area into focusrite Voicemaster with the lows eq'ed out (panned left) and the internal pickup (B-Band AST) panned right. So 4 signals recoreded simultaneously and mixed down to a stereo track.
Drums are played "live" into a Roland TD-8 electric kit and DI'ed into a Promix 01 desk. Hope this helps

rustyfingers : Wow I've never had anyone bother to bump my posts before ... thanks mate ;) I hope your question about drums is adequately answered above. Otherwise ask some more.

Cheers

Thanks for the info dres. I've been trying to get a decent guitar sound since I started doing this HR thing this past summer. One of my biggest problems is that "I suck (can't use a pick)" and "I suck using a crappy guitar". I'll keep working on it and thanks for the tips.

Dennis

Back