Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "PowderFlanger"

Thanks

"PowderFlanger"

Sign in to disable this ad
    WE'VE HAD MONTHS TO PREPARE FOR THE CHALLENGE, AND IT'S FINALLY MARCH 5TH (so of course, I recorded this tonight, lol).

"Powderfinger" gave me permission to maul his tune, so I did.

It's a cool song, I just heard it in my feeble noggin a little differently than Drew did, soooooo...I used the flanger a LOT, lol. Actually, the original recording is so good, I didn't really wanna' copy it. Okay, that's a total lie...I really WANTED to copy it, but when I tried, it sounded...ummm...asslike.

...and for Mixmkr, the fade is :45 seconds long. I expect a card this Christmas.

www.nowhereradio.com/honestmango/singles
    "BETTER DAY" (Almost at the bottom of the page)

Here maybe?

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/?aid=1698/singles

(The original is here: http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/...=1642&alid=154)
    Last edited by chrisharris; 03-05-2003 at 06:55.

Thanks
    This challenge could get interesting.You did a good job of harris-izing this one Chris..Sounds good.I remember the original version vaguely.You made this one sound like it was your own.Yeah I remember this one now.The original didnt have drums did it?I cant comment on the mix because it sounds OK to my untrained ears.LOL.You did a good job man.Im still looking for a country version of one of sams tunes.LOL.Is that even possible?

Enjoyed it man.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Kramer
    The original didnt have drums did it?
    PF's has a conga loop, which I think fits perfectly. I tried some 'world percussion' samples originally, but I decided to just go with that droning KICK, RIDE, SNAAAAAARE thing, ala "Johnny Cougar," (before he remembered his roots and started sucking). The snare is a direct sample from "Small Town"...HUUUGE, ridiculous reverb.

Originally posted by Kramer Im still looking for a country version of one of sams tunes.LOL.Is that even possible?
    Oh, it's possible...lol. We've got 5 days of this...I wouldn't wanna' shoot the whole wad in one post.

Wait, I'm country??????

Thanks
    Chris--I think you're first, man! I like this. Its a cool song and you definitely put your stamp on it, which is a good thing in my book. I really dug the drum sound. (Wait...you hate drums...and these sound cool...whassup with that?) I like the verb on 'em too!

Only crit, the BGV's around 1:28 kinda go astray. On the plus side, the rest of them are sounding great.

There is a thing you do where you sing a third and drop to a second tone (in the scale) that is almost a trademark thing. You did it a couple times in this and I dug that. Nice acoustics and the electric works with this too.

Thanks for being first...maybe there is hope for me...you better pray there is cause its your song! I think we are gonna have some fun in the next few days.

Thanks
    Originally posted by crawdad
    Only crit, the BGV's around 1:28 kinda go astray.
    Thanks...they're coming out now...lol

Originally posted by crawdad
    Thanks for being first...maybe there is hope for me...you better pray there is cause its your song!
    That's why I posted at like, one minute after midnight...lol. POST IT NOW!!!!!!

Thanks
    And thanks for listening Kramer and Crawdad...I always forget to say that.

Thanks
    Dude, I wish this machine was up to par to listen, lol

Anyways, here's to letting you know I tried, I be drunk, but this card be fried... (Musta been me trying to DI that bass into it again... Ooops...)

W.

Thanks
    Originally posted by TheRealWaldo
    Dude, I wish this machine was up to par to listen, lol

Anyways, here's to letting you know I tried, I be drunk, but this card be fried... (Musta been me trying to DI that bass into it again... Ooops...)

W.
    There's a certain irony here that's not lost on me...lol. I mean, you OWN the freakin' site that lets most of us have access to do stuff like this...

...and you can't listen.

Haven't forgotten about the mic, btw. Gimme' a couple.

Thanks
    Originally posted by chrisharris

Wait, I'm country??????
    Nah man.LOL..You're a singer songwriter akin to the austin types,capable of writing and recording a variety of styles.I just said country because you said you were gonna "hillbilly them up real good",referring to sams songs.LOL.

Thanks
    Well, what I sacrifice for keeping the dream alive is really not so bad in my life.

Heck, if one day I can do nothing but listen to music, that's it...

When they burry me, my hope is that I experience eternal music (with class, not $$$ signs), that'll be my payback.

W.

Thread Information