powderfinger beat me..

Jamal Bucket

..to it...:)

ok it seems that we did the same harris song....i probably should have said something to chris about this then maybe he would have mentioned that powderfinger was doing the same song.........

but..
this is just 2 mics....my voice and 1 guitar....i figure chris already has this song in a full production ....so this is how i play it....i dont have a band....i just have me...lol....and i have played this a couple of times at parties and once at open mic night......i dont tell him these things ....cause i dont want his head to get any bigger:D....so this was going to be a surprise for him....damnit ....

its ok i actually took some liberty's in the chord dept....and im certainly not a picker like chris so ...

http://www.nowhereradio.com/mynewhead/singles

EVERY CHANCE I GOT...

Good job Jamal. I love that course edge you have to your vocal tone. It's really a distinctive tone. Is that a B9 thrown in there?

Joe

Nice job Jamal. I have the advantage/disadvantage of not hearing the Harris original. It's a good song and you did a fine job performing it. Your voice sounds good on it. I guess I'll have to check out Chris's version if it's out at his NWR page. Very nice job.

Smokepole said:
Good job Jamal. I love that course edge you have to your vocal tone. It's really a distinctive tone. Is that a B9 thrown in there?

Joe

HEHEHE "distinctive"...yuck i hate it myself...i dont know how to breath right when i sing i think.....and yes b9!...deff NOT in the original but ..i kinda liked how it sounded....poor chris ...he has no idea how bad i cut up his masterpiece ....lol...:D

This just grabs you right from the beginning. You had the same idea as powderfinger, being a very solo performances. You do a good job of hitting notes squarely that are right at the edge of your vocal range.

Chris is going to sleep well tonight, two covers of one song.

Jamal.....you bastard....quit stepping on my feet..........:D

Sounds good......I was actually thinking of doing a solo acoustic thing too...........luckily I ours sound fairly different........honestly, you were much more creative in the arrangement and it payed off......good singing too

powderfinger said:
Jamal.....you bastard....quit stepping on my feet..........:D

Sounds good......I was actually thinking of doing a solo acoustic thing too...........luckily I ours sound fairly different........honestly, you were much more creative in the arrangement and it payed off......good singing too

man....when i saw your song....well i didnt know whether to post this or not....if i would have discussed it with chris before hand ...well i should have ...damnit:D.....

but yours has that killer piano....jerk.:)

jamal

i hate you both for doing covers of my favorite chris harris song. i'll post mine sometime next month when my studio is back together.

Jamal Bucket said:
i probably should have said something to chris about this ...
Hey ass-pirate...lol...If you had told me you were gonna' do one of my songs, I would have HAPPILY emailed you the correct chords...I mean, I know you don't do 7ths and stuff, but I've got some cool cheater chords that... oh nevermind.

Man, I loved it. I loved that you sang it about 47 octaves above me, I love that you created a chorus that soars...mostly, I just loved that you did it.

I don't wanna' get too gushy here, since people already assume we're sleeping together, lol, but I really consider you to be a close friend, and this meant a lot to me.

Dude, I'm so fucking burnt right now...it's 7:30 a.m. and I just got home, lol. This is probably not the best time for me to listen OR RESPOND WITH A PERMANENT RECORD, but I really love it.

Thanks man,
chris

I'm usually bored by songs that are just acoustic and vocals. Not this time. Very nice. You've got a very unique and sincere vocal sound. Nice dynamics. The acoustic sounds real too - a lot of solo acoustic stuff sounds overly sparkly. Good stuff!

Sounds good Jamal,this is a live take right?

Iv'e been trying to do that for years,any tips on mic placement?
Did you use a big&small dia. together?

Your voice really makes it shine,sweet!
Nice pickin too!

Fine job,thanks,
Pete

*****damn I cant even cover myself much less anyone else LOL!! Like the rasp in the voc's man. This is GREAT for a live take, guitar tones sound very good. Now where's my damn cd :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :rolleyes:

Re: Re: powderfinger beat me..

chrisharris said:

I don't wanna' get too gushy here, since people already assume we're sleeping together, lol,

YOUR NOT????????? there goes that theory!!!!!!!!:mad: :D

way cool, jamal. I don't know how the hell you record so fast!!!!

I think i got a bad download or something?????? there's this distortion over the whole mix, like a fading radio station or something????:confused:

WHO'S NEXT??????? :D

Thank's Jamal.A.K.A......."i record so fast the radio station's can't keep up"

Peace

Rick

nice rendition there, J-mall Booshay. it gave me a lot of ideas to throw this tune in my set. I liked at 2:20 or so when you brought it down a bit then built it back up. nice job.

Dude! you and powderflanger ( I think he should keep the new name) just came up with the idea for the next challenge! Everyone covers Chris Harris!

I liked your version of the song Jamal, thats some heartfelt singing there, but where's the auto-tune?

Twist

twist said:
Dude! you and powderflanger ( I think he should keep the new name) just came up with the idea for the next challenge! Everyone covers Chris Harris!

how about everyone covers twist's daughter's version of debussy in the style of chris harris. that'll stump em'.

or maybe just everyone invite someone new to the board.....oh wait that was this month.

Good Job Jamal--The S'ssss are kinda killing me ova hear-but the performance is good...Say-you got a capo? Sounds like your hurting your chances for another kid in that key :)

Not sure what song I was supposed to listen to so I listened to One Mistake Ver 3.0
A mighty fine tune!
Very Good vocals (billy corgan)
What kinda drums?

Back