posting a rap song expecting the worst....

bigwillz24

I never get any feedback when i post rap :(

I want honesty , brutal honesty , come on rip me apart,

thank you may I have another. I enjoy pain.....

Now go easy on me.... :D

Road Dawgs

Last edited:
Not bad. Kind of raw sounding. Decent rhymes. Bass is tubby in spots. I don't really know what to make of the hook. Sounds like they're having fun.

bigwillz24 said:
Man this must be really good or it sucks so bad no one wants to comment on it :D
Sometimes it takes awhile. Nobody ever wants to be the first....

I just gave it a quick once over. I am not a rap fan by any means, but I liked it. The bass was a bit boomy in spots, but not bad overall..

It did sound like you were having fun!

Rokket said:
Sometimes it takes awhile. Nobody ever wants to be the first....

I just gave it a quick once over. I am not a rap fan by any means, but I liked it. The bass was a bit boomy in spots, but not bad overall..

It did sound like you were having fun!

We where having alot of fun that night i guess it carried into the vibe of the song.

Hey man...I'm so out of my element on this, I won't even pretend to critique the song, b/c it'd be useless to you

...Now, sonically, nothing jumps out at me as being "off" at all, but again, consider the source here...I can make out the lyric fine, which is more than I can say for a lot of stuff in this genre. The only thing that I can think of that MIGHT be of some use to you is that the kick sample might benefit from some subsonics...The EQ curve looks right (I've actually mixed some hip-hop for some friends of my daughter, and God help those mixes, BUT I used a lot of reference material when I did it, and they all had that peaking low low end). So this LOOKS normal enough on the LED, but the super low end stuff that rattles windows seems to be a bit thin. More subsonics in the kick sample is what I'm used to hearing.

that's it...that's the best I can do...sounds like you know what you're doing though. Have a great week. Hopefully somebody smarter with some actual practical advice will come along, lol.

Okay, I saw some comments about the bass being tubby, which (when I say it) usually means there's a buildup somewhere between 150Hz and 450Hz...that's actually a wide area...I'm not hearing that buildup, but I'm not on monitors right now either. If it IS booming out too much, you might try cutting with a Q of maybe .5 (note the decimal point) centered somewhere in that range, and boosting the kick/bass below 80 to see if it thumps any better without getting too boomy.

And again, I suck.

"Handle Yo Business" - I've heard this before, right? Not in the other thread, but I mean, awhile ago. Did you post that several weeks/months ago? Man, I recognize that singer. Anyway, the subs are definitely in that tune...make Road Dawgs sound like that, LOL.

I swear I'm not post padding. Nice job.

chrisharris said:
"Handle Yo Business" - I've heard this before, right? Not in the other thread, but I mean, awhile ago. Did you post that several weeks/months ago? Man, I recognize that singer. Anyway, the subs are definitely in that tune...make Road Dawgs sound like that, LOL.

I swear I'm not post padding. Nice job.

Yea you heard that a long time ago...

I posted that for the "Show us your Best" Thread...

Thanks for giving my stuff a listen

Pretty good man, I cant say im a rap fan, but the quality is good. Got a bit of a reggae feel to it aswell which is nice :)

Good work.

Maybe this is just me, but it sounds like its missing something...like maybe a bass line or something. Maybe its there, and I just didnt listen to it loud enough (I did listen to it at a low volume), but it just sounds like theres some empty low end space that needs to be filled. Like I said, maybe Im crazy, but this is just what I gathered.

This isnt bad at all actualy, I was really hoping for it to suck (to be quite honest, I clicked on the thread hoping for a good laugh) but, you did a good job. :)

Well, I'd say for a hip hop-rap song it is pretty good. More of a party vibe than anything. I'd let these guys play at my house, and we usually listen to hard rock here.

Dogman said:
Well, I'd say for a hip hop-rap song it is pretty good. More of a party vibe than anything. I'd let these guys play at my house, and we usually listen to hard rock here.

Wow....

Thanks man...

Back