Posting this one for musical review mainly

Mistral

RyosaMusic
It's mixed as much as I'm gonna mix it at this point. Posted this last year around Valentine's Day last year in demo form.. recorded it for my now fiance (hooked her with it!) Have done alot to it since then, ie reprogramming the drums (you can critique how "real" they sound if you want).. I used Drumkit from Hell in Sonar just fyi.

The song itself is really diverse I think, it's got elements of everything from good ole rock'n roll to metal and industrial/electronic. I know that isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I know some will really dig it, and that's the main reason I'm posting this. If you like any of those styles do me a favor and check it out.

Nice tune man! The mix sounds really good to me, the vocals sound like they could mabey come up just a bit, but just a little. I like the guitar work, very nice. Everthing ( guitars, keys, drums) seem really well represented. Thanks for posting.

Hey, just gave it a listen....it sounds really good man, and congrats on the engagement.

I am no expert, but I literally have nothing to offer you in terms of things to fix. Your stuff sounds better than mine. It's top notch. Did you master it at home? The last two things here I have listened to blew me away in the overall sound and I am wondering what people are using to master.

Thanks!

well that's a good sign, I'm making progress. I used this same pc at every stage of the process as I normally do, in fact the only other pieces of gear I used were my SG guitar, a Behringer V-Amp and a microphone.

For tracking guitars & vocals I used CEP/Adobe Audition
For drums & synths I used Sonar 3.1

Mixing & mastering were both done within CEP, after mixdown I did mastering in the following order: some multiband compression and mastering reverb with Izotope Ozone 2.0 (dx plugin), a touch of standard compression using Sonitus:fx Compressor, then cranked it up a bit using ME LoudnessMaximizer. That's pretty much it.

I'm not big into the heavy metal

But this is pretty good! In the opening I thought the syth could come up a touch. I like the 70's sound your getting on the synth under the vocals.

You might bring the vocals up just a touch overall. The playing is tight! I wouldn't mind a little more punch in the the toms--perhaps punch up their midrange a bit. Definitely needs more kick drum.

I like it.

You already finished mix so specific mix comments on this tune will only be helpful for future mixes. Suffice to say, the mix is better than acceptable. I agree with mix comments above tho.

You asked for musical review. 1st. Keep writing man. 2nd. The song did nothing for me..no emotion...no highs and lows... couldn't relate to the words, (subject matter) aka STORY! A song should tell a story, either with the music, or the words, or both. 3. Your "hook" was weak or non existent. 4. your form was weak. 5. waaa waaaa..no guitar solo.

Please...you asked for a "musical review". This is only 1 Humble opinion. ALSO..in songwriting..ANYTHING goes...there IS no wrong or right

ps..I dug the way the guitars sounded....recorded very well. Drums too.
peace

opinion noted.

I must point out that there are all kinds of approaches to writing lyrics. the point of lyrics is not to tell a story, but to convey something effectively.. in this case, it's something you probably simply don't relate to. however, just because you don't get the story doesn't mean one is not there.

Back