Post what you think are you BEST recordings!

FattMusiek

Post what you think are your BEST recordings!

I wanna hear the stuff you guys are proud of! I want a description of the recording session and everything that made it epic and awesome. I'll start:

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/discography.php?aid=2076

Under "New Stuff" is one called "Fill's Lame": I had a pal of mine over and dedicated a song to how lame he was (Tracking/mixing took probably 45 minutes, funny how that works out. I guess it was a fluke.) I wanted him to sing about how lame he was, but it never happened :(.

And under "Game Covers" is one called "FF4 - Airship theme". It's a cover of a song from the Super Nintendo RPG "Final Fantasy 4". Overall, I think this is my best recording ever. Took a long time to track (I had A LOT of trouble with the keyboard parts since I'm not a keyboardist).

Now, post your best recordings!

(Ten bucks says this will be a failure thread.)

Last edited:
Progression is probably my favorite of my better sounding recordings. I have others that are more impressive in that it took more skill to produce a decent sounding song only using a cheap acoustic and a $20 Radio Shack mic... it was nearly a year later I started collecting more gear for my home recordings, which made for better sounding recordings in much less time but also lost some of the charm my earlier, more challenging works had.

Navigator

My friends seem to like this one the best. Beats me, Its just one guitar and no vocals...and a half-ass fill/solo. It was when I had my Taylor.

I still can't get the snappy in-your-face sound anymore that i got on this one.

Wow...I can't really decide my favorite. I like two of mine equally well:

Louise - A simple blues song I wrote to embarrass a girlfriend.

Rumcake - A Latin-sounding instrumental I came up with off-the cuff.

Both recorded with SM57s on the amps, SM58 for vocals, DR-770 for drums, all on Sonar 2.2XL with a cheap TOA mixer and a lame-ass Audigy soundcard.

Christopher

Ok here's mine...

Having spent time recording old songs in an attempt at getting used to my Fostex VF160, and the learning curve that is recording live drums... I've finally got round to recording some new material with a sound I'm really pleased with...

Crush

I'm really lovin' this track (though I modestly say so myself...!)

Back