"Poppin' tight" - final mix

GONZO-X

Poppin Tight by Bats Brew | Free Listening on SoundCloud

when i say 'final mix', means i'm not writing or arranging any more,
my best last pass before i tweak and master.

so, my demo of this had a more roomy drum kit...
and made it set back a bit, and seem more mellow and groovy..
this kit is less roomy, with a more muscular kick...slightly more aggressive.
i like it, but it's so different,
i no longer have a feel for it.
any thoughts?

OK.....that's better. The last version's kick was too weak....not enough sub IMO. This version is much better due to the EQ changes and the reverb change.......but to be honest.......in my taste.....I'd like to see a tad more punch.....bottom......in the bass line. Not much....just a bigger feel.

Otherwise.........press the vinyl.......put it in the sleeve.....and shrink the wrap.....it's done.

Otherwise.........press the vinyl.......put it in the sleeve.....and shrink the wrap.....it's done.

Never!

Just wait until the 10th anniversary remastered versions come out.

Gonzo, I really like this one. GREAT groove, and its got some real funk to it.
James Jamerson and Bob Babbit would approve!

OK.....that's better. The last version's kick was too weak....not enough sub IMO. This version is much better due to the EQ changes and the reverb change.......but to be honest.......in my taste.....I'd like to see a tad more punch.....bottom......in the bass line. Not much....just a bigger feel.

howdy ho mickster!

yea, 2nd version's dialed in.
i like it.

any more punch in the bottom,
and i'm gonna have frequency masking,
cuz i'm pushing it already!!

in a full range system, it has punch a plenty, what are you listening on?

Hey Gonzo.......I'm listening on JBL LSR 305 monitors and Sennheiser HD600 cans EQ'd). It's not that the bottom is lacking really......it's just that your new mix was so tight and so "together" that I thought a "punchier" kick and slightly fatter bass would finish it off. Just my opinion of course. We all salt to taste....right? Anyway.......as always with your stuff.....thanks for the listen!!

Never!

Just wait until the 10th anniversary remastered versions come out.

Gonzo, I really like this one. GREAT groove, and its got some real funk to it.
James Jamerson and Bob Babbit would approve!

10th anniversary?!

some of these dinosaur bands feel that they need to remix/master after 40 years!!
LOL
like it's really going to change anything...

hey, glad you dig this one, jamerson, yea, that's a name to drop!

Nice! This is the best mix of that I've heard from you yet. Snare sounds good. Hihat and other cymbals are very nicely treated. Sounds like a real record. Congrats!

Nice! This is the best mix of that I've heard from you yet. Snare sounds good. Hihat and other cymbals are very nicely treated. Sounds like a real record. Congrats!
hi warning!
Glad you dig this mix, this one was actually pretty easy to mix

Back