[Pop/Rock] Questions about Demo-CD

byzantine

hi guys,

just registered ;) i'm from vienna, austriaand i'm planning to record a demo CD with my band (we are just 1 year old... the band, not us :) ). we already have about 8 songs and this should be the first one. we are planning to record it once again next tuesday with an acoustic guitar and a new bassline. the drums also need changes. i wrote the song, so i don't want my first song to be not really ready ;) i think that it's a song with potential because although it's very repetitive it has a lot of energy (i think). what i don't like is, that the change from verse to chorus is not really noteable. so i was thinking if i should slightly change the drums at the verse (less snare) and to play the first verse without bass and to let it start with the first chorus, what do you think about that? and do you think that a bridge would be necessary? i think that this particular song doesn't need it... i would be very happy to hear some feedback!!!

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=V9M4PU8TO0NJ

I think some drum variations would help, but I would try to incorporate more harmonies along with the main melody during the chorus.

Also, (maybe something to play around with) try writing a more defined piano part of the chorus. Something that really pushes the down beat.

Hope those ideas help!

The song is great by the way. Good singer.

thank you for your tipps baker! there will defineatly be some drum variations at the next recording on tuesday. i also like the idea of a more defined piano part at the chorus...

Back