pop rock

wow .... ( he said blinking his eyes rapidly ) I never know what to expect from any of your tunes. But one thing I know is that they'll be different than anything I've heard. You really have a phenomenal ability to come up with fresh, unused sounds and concepts to weave into your works. I humbly ask that you remember me when you take control of the music world.

great tune, great arrangement. Some good experimentation musically. The vocals sounds very good and are mixed well. You seem to be improving quickly there. The guitar sounds more like a real amp this time around. I like that.
The change at 3:16 is beautiful. Nice touch!

No major complaints...there's some stuff with the drums I'm not sure I dig, but I'll give it another listen tonight or tomorrow with fresher ears (This is my first day working on music in about 2 weeks.)

Oh ya know, I was thinking a more gentle delivery of "I would like to smash..." might give the vocal a sarcastic tone that might also add to the dynamics of the tune. (Think early FNM). Just a thought.

Great stuff as always.

Check your PM box...

Great job. You've got the style down to an art!

I though the guitar around 2:00 wasn't on top as much as I would have like to hear it but other than that I was very impressed.

By the way the stats on that tune you had asked about a couple of days ago are at 448, 201 unique????

Looking forward to hearing more

Joe

I think I hear a huge improvement in your sound every time I hear a new mix from you. The production is enviable.
You also sound more confident with your voice, as you ought to, the background vocals are very alive and passionate :D .
The lead guitars at the end are very, very beautiful and they support the well build dark mood perfectly.

Is the song supposed to end so suddently (at 3.56), or is it the download that screwed up ?
For some reason, I'm not able to have mp3's streamed from Nowhere Radio at the moment.

You've taken "Fuck You" to a whole new level, lol.

It sounds huge once the drums come in, and everybody's already told you how great the vocals sound, so I will too.

Might need a sub-woofer warning sticker on this one when it goes into full-scale CD Production. Scared me.

What was the inspiration for the title? "Or".

Cool tune man........this aint Pop/Rock though Sam.LOL.I have some pop/rock shit.Im talking "wake me up before you go-go" type shit.LMAO!I doubt I will ever post it but it does exist.:D

You're getting a pretty cool sound with this loop thing you're doing now.You made your own loops on this one?I've gotta get off my ass and get creative with my drum parts.....I wish a I had a REAL drummer.

Cool tune man,I cant add anything that hasnt already been said.

Dug it sam.

lo fi streaming does no do a song justice...so i d/led it...great tune...wish i had half your talent...

i cant add anything since i am no expert..but i know what i like musically...and i like this

i will have to check out more of your stuff some other time

chrisharris said:
What was the inspiration for the title? "Or".

'obsessive retention' :)

I appreciate all the ears d00ds! I just figured I'd respond to this one last time since there isn't much to talk about..

Yeah the end cuts off.. I don't know why I did that.. maybe because when I finally do a CD, I want some songs to go right into each other.. Kinda like they used to do a lot in the 70's.. :o

thanks again for all the comments! :)

lyrics

What gets you moving, when nothing is working,
what's got you thinking, the wheels aren't turning,
I keep forgetting, hoping for an ending,
what gets me moving? obsessive retention,

increasing your dosage, the drugs have stopped working,
it's all in your mind, coagulation is certain,
end of the rainbow, destroying your ego,
on your way down, remembering other people,

I would like to smash you to pieces, just for your own good..

it's for your own good..

Very Cool, Sam.

I admit I was a bit surprised by the Pop-Rock thing too! I was expecting N-Sync!

Great sound. I am not a lyrics guy, but the Coagulation is certain made me smile.

Hey Sab.... Am I missing something? Is the song labeled "Pop Rock" or is it the one that says "or 128"?

I'm a sandwich short of a picnic this morning!:)

Anyways... The "or 128" song is great. I dig the harmonies at the end. very tasty! Especially with the low keyboard note mixed in. You covered all the frequencies well.

Killer as usual!!

RF

Sam,
Great tune!
The Distorted guitar tones are really great.
Did you put a phase or flange on the vox/drums? I know there is something on the vox but at times it almost sounds like it lays across the whole mix (then its gone)
You always say its about the effects and this one is crammed with some of the finest.

An inspirational effort w/stars

Joel

Back