Plz LMK About Any Changes I Could Make to Mano a Dios (Hand to God)

Crazy Luke

Here is a song that has two different grooves, and some synth and guitar. This is a mastered version. Is it ready for a demo CD?

Attachments

• Mano a Dios (Hand to God) Master Mix 14.mp3
    3.9 MB · Views: 9
Wow quite a tour de force. Love the change to the pre-chorus and the guitar sound in there. Vocals really fit the groove. Bass pops through nicely. The whole thing sounds great to me. Like it a lot

Bright, shiny. Everything in it's place and a place for every thing. Def worthy of demo. Not a fan of cookie monster vocals, but for the genre, excellent work.

Also not a fan of the vocal style but it gets the job done. Overall good balance.

Lots of minor clipping, almost constant. That may not show on your .wav file but compressing to .mp3 scrambles things just enough to make it clip. It's generally a good idea to give it some headroom in the mastering process. My usual practice is to keep peaks to -0.3dBFS.

Also not a fan of the vocal style but it gets the job done. Overall good balance.

Lots of minor clipping, almost constant. That may not show on your .wav file but compressing to .mp3 scrambles things just enough to make it clip. It's generally a good idea to give it some headroom in the mastering process. My usual practice is to keep peaks to -0.3dBFS.

Now there it is! I've been leaving headroom because I understood the process left weird clipping remnants, but I've only been using -0.1 and just assumed that some was normal...You'd think I'd make the correlation between "it's still there" and "you didn't leave enough room." :laughings: (It's good to laugh at yourself sometimes. Laughter has been shown to aid in learning. :)

Lots of minor clipping, almost constant. That may not show on your .wav file but compressing to .mp3 scrambles things just enough to make it clip. It's generally a good idea to give it some headroom in the mastering process. My usual practice is to keep peaks to

Thanks for the compliments, guys. My bad on the -.01 headroom. I will do -.03 next time.

Back