Thread: Plz LMK About Any Changes I Could Make to Mano a Dios (Hand to God)

Thanks

Plz LMK About Any Changes I Could Make to Mano a Dios (Hand to God)

Sign in to disable this ad
    Here is a song that has two different grooves, and some synth and guitar. This is a mastered version. Is it ready for a demo CD?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If your government slows down or stops your internet, it's time to slow down or stop your government!

Thanks
    Wow quite a tour de force. Love the change to the pre-chorus and the guitar sound in there. Vocals really fit the groove. Bass pops through nicely. The whole thing sounds great to me. Like it a lot

Thanks
    Bright, shiny. Everything in it's place and a place for every thing. Def worthy of demo. Not a fan of cookie monster vocals, but for the genre, excellent work.
    Soundcloud Page
    I don't care about my ego, I care about my mixes--Just say what you mean.

Thanks
    Also not a fan of the vocal style but it gets the job done. Overall good balance.

Lots of minor clipping, almost constant. That may not show on your .wav file but compressing to .mp3 scrambles things just enough to make it clip. It's generally a good idea to give it some headroom in the mastering process. My usual practice is to keep peaks to -0.3dBFS.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bouldersoundguy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bouldersoundguy View Post
    Also not a fan of the vocal style but it gets the job done. Overall good balance.

Lots of minor clipping, almost constant. That may not show on your .wav file but compressing to .mp3 scrambles things just enough to make it clip. It's generally a good idea to give it some headroom in the mastering process. My usual practice is to keep peaks to -0.3dBFS.
    Now there it is! I've been leaving headroom because I understood the process left weird clipping remnants, but I've only been using -0.1 and just assumed that some was normal...You'd think I'd make the correlation between "it's still there" and "you didn't leave enough room." (It's good to laugh at yourself sometimes. Laughter has been shown to aid in learning.
    Soundcloud Page
    I don't care about my ego, I care about my mixes--Just say what you mean.

Thanks
    [QUOTE=bouldersoundguy;4425096]Also not a fan of the vocal style but it gets the job done. Overall good balance.

Lots of minor clipping, almost constant. That may not show on your .wav file but compressing to .mp3 scrambles things just enough to make it clip. It's generally a good idea to give it some headroom in the mastering process. My usual practice is to keep peaks to

Thanks for the compliments, guys. My bad on the -.01 headroom. I will do -.03 next time.
    If your government slows down or stops your internet, it's time to slow down or stop your government!

Thanks
    Thanks all around. Will do -.03 next time

Thread Information