Please take a look.........

kingsooper

I have been skating around this forum for awhile now, a little while anyway, and have been working on my songs. Magix has been a life changer....anywho, I put together a few songs at my website, but if you guys could take a look at BrighterSide and let me know what you think, I would really appreciate it. I'm not a mixing master, mostly worried if the song is decent in terms of idea, structure, content, and any mixing advice would be greatly appreciated. All comments welcome!!! Thanks.

http://www.angelfire.com/apes2/kingtownmonkeybiz/

Listening -

Guitar is pretty clear - High-end something going on... Could be the encoding...

Still listening... Balance between the vocal and guitar seems fine.

Pretty dry in here... Not like that's a bad thing, just an observation.

Couple questionable vocal lines...

It's not bad - I could see (hear?) a band backing up the tune at this speed... As it is, it almost seems that a slow picking/ballad presentation would hit better than the strumming/toe-tapping presentation...

Now I'm really reaching... Gonna stop now... :D

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

Ouch....slow picking ballad, that hurts....just kidding. Everyone who has listened to this song has a different idea and they seem to go in a different direction than I would have ever thought ....but I hope that is a good thing. My voice is a little questionable at times...but getting better, I think. Overall needing a band to back it up is unanimous....anyone specialize in backing up songs with a band.......

I can relate to the dry comment, I just don't know why.

High end-----I got a buzzy string I can't get rid of.

Thanks for the listen.

anyone else out there?

Back