Please Review, I would like to use on my demo

mshea

I am playing all instruments you hear and recorded from home. I'm not the greatest instrumentalist but I love the lyrics. Let me know if this is good enough to add to my demo. Please note. If adequate, I will be having professionally mastered.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. I'll be posting a few more for your review.

Hopefully this link will get you there. The song is called Cinnamon and Spice.

Cinnamon and Spice

If that doesn't work just go to my profile at MayaShea

And you can see the song (on the bottom) of the play list. I also plan on using the first song 'Wonder' on the demo as well. And for anyone who hates their employer. I Hate My Job is fun. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

interesting lyrics..... ;)

I think it sounds good just needs some remixing. I think the guitars need to come up a little. The vocals stand out but I think a little too much at times in comparison to the rest of the music.

Bring up the guitar and bass, lower the tamborine a little. The vocals might be perfect level once you bring everything up a little.

Try doubling the guitar and then panning them left and right. Then bring the levels up as stated.

Just my stupid opinion.

ditto all the above. It kinda shines through that the vocals are the centerpiece, and all else is just backup...

Gulp....can i fix without ruining

I'm hoping the geniuses at the studio can eek out the levels. But honestly...would you nod your head if you heard a 'clean' version of this on the radio is what I need to know.

the song is definately there. The chorus is good and very marketable in todays markets. The harmonies are also good additions to the chorus. The main thing in this song that needs work, is the mixing. If you were going to really try to plug this song, it would be wise to remix it and possibly add a few more tracks or re-do certain ones. As a guitarist, I hear many possibilities that just arent there and the guitar that is already there just gets lost because it sounds lifeless.

You have this funky bass line going and a funky vibe, so I think a guitar throwing in some accented reggae-ish type notes will really add to that funkiness, especially on the chorus. as well as re-doing that distorted rhythm guitar. all just ideas take it for what its worth.

it kinda reminds me of a style like that song "LOVEFOOL" by the cardigans. Playful, funky, yet overtly pop.

NIce song. :cool:

Lead vocal may be a bit wet, it might be clearer with less reverb. As mentioned, guitar and bass need boosted. Might sound better with a different guitar tone. I like the song quite a bit. :)

Nice to hear a female artist on this bbs :) . Cinnamon and Spice sounds really good Maya. The guitars seem a little low (personal preference) but the vocals are super clean and clear. Drums are cool...Sure I would master this... It cooks really good...very danceable and catchy....

:) :D :) :D

Thank You!!!

I am going to print out this entire thread and take it into the studio with me. I am unfortunately not the best 'technician' or guitar player. I really dig your ideas and agree with all of the instruction on how to improve the sound quality.

This song is funny to me as I was inspired to write the lyrics after watching some very attractive ladies in a bar for lack of a better way to explain, just 'workin it'. You knew they weren't prostitutes, they were obviously successful, educated, professional young women out blowing off steam and looking for someone to keep them company for a quick minute and then back to work on Monday. It was pretty amazing. Cinnamon and Spice is for them and the men who let them borrow them.

Wouldn't of made it without HR.com

ido1957 said:
Nice to hear a female artist on this bbs :)

I couldn't of gotten to this point without this site. I love it here. I drop off the face of the planet for a while...but I always come back.

Back