Please Review "Al"

Sounds good. My suggestion would be to make the riff and the opening shorter, and come in with the vocals within 10-15 seconds. Nice sound, sounds old school rock.

sort of sounds like paranoid.......i would be inclined to make it more raw and contrasty...like sabbath ...im not a great fan of mor...and at some points you are going that way.

Al

Thanks for the input guys, as far as the song goes though it is written. I was thinking of making it simpler as zazz stated, I can see how you could think it sounded like Sabbath as the guitars are very Sabbath sounding. We have some simple mix songs on the CD so I decided to go a little crazy on this one(maybe too much). I'm really looking for input on the mix though as I think it's getting close, but when you listen to a song 200 times your ears kinda go numb after a while

acctually i have to say that you need more bite and seperation....

so ....the guitars need more overdrive...

i would also be inclined to try and add more silence ...like stop at points completely...

also try the old delay set at very very short with no reverb....on everything

it will instantly sound demonic ....and coooool!!! u need bite.

also the guitars ..they need to be registering at low frequency!! need to open up the whole gamut.

Some good points zazz, I'll try a mix that way, however there is not much reverb on here, I did some distant micing, maybe I'll try to cut them back. Anyone else?

Fun song. Where's the B3? :D

Great vocal tracks. I'd double up on the rhythm guitars and probably some vox as well.

The whole track is a little dry.

Nice work, man.

yo.....yeah this sounds like much better ....i can listen to it as whole or to one aspect ..my choice ...and the track really rocks....you can always keep tweaking but at this point for me its fine and very enjoyable...

however if you were to listen to say war pigs...the bit where he come in with "politicans" ..as a sound bite not disimilar to you guys ....everything sounds crisp...listen to that high hat ...the attack on the snare

i would be inclined to take your mix as it stands now but try and inject a bit more high end definition...

maybe the whole things just needs an overall eq favouring high and low..drop the middle??

cool!!

Thanks zazz, from what your saying it's done other than a little tweaking on the mastering, I'll leave it for now and see where the other songs sit before tweaking too much

Very cool old-school sound, as previously mentioned. Also love the guitar work in the break :). I'm listening on headphones right now, so with that in mind, I wonder if the kick and the bass aren't competing a little bit and adding a little bit of muck to the low end from time to time (?). If this were my project, I wouldn't be afraid to up the vocals and harmonies just a db or two to make them a more prominent element of the song as well. I'm not a pro, so take the above with a grain of salt.

Good Job,

-Sk8

Back